It's a pain to change your HSF

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
remind me to not impulse sell my items....

img5364k.jpg

img5352g.jpg

4192905999_da8fdf7fb0_b.jpg

4192905627_55e004c625_b.jpg

4192904559_78abae4111_b.jpg

img5382.jpg

the setup was an excellent deal, cost me $50 for Brand new Noiseblocker fan and Brand new Prolimatech Megashadow, so after selling my 9700 (which i still have to clean at the moment... :) ) comes up to $25 took me an 1.5 hours to be back up and running...

I'm glad you did sell it:cool:, can't wait for it to get here and go to work.

Looks good. Should get better temps than a Zalman 9700.

Which soundcard is that? Looks like a Fatal1ty Pro PCI series, but its missing the Heatsink on the X-Fi chip. My XtremeGamer Fatal1ty has a HS on it, rather small, but still.

Looks good. Should get better temps than a Zalman 9700.

Which soundcard is that? Looks like a Fatal1ty Pro PCI series, but its missing the Heatsink on the X-Fi chip. My XtremeGamer Fatal1ty has a HS on it, rather small, but still.

I think its the early version.

Next time you have it apart, cut an access hole in the motherboard tray that matches the cpu area and you will not have to even take the motherboard or tray out of the case to swap heatsinks.

Next time you have it apart, cut an access hole in the motherboard tray that matches the cpu area and you will not have to even take the motherboard or tray out of the case to swap heatsinks.

thanks! lol I'll do that next time, only problem is I cut myself even on a nail cutter, do use dremel for that? how about the sharp edges after?

Back