[it's back!] Dell Mini 9 for $199!

I didn't realize it ever left...you could always get the Windows XP version for $199 through their refurb store. I guess not brand new but just as good with Dell

What SSD do they use for the mini? also is it replaceable with any 2.5" SSDs?

I might get one if you can replace with any.

What SSD do they use for the mini? also is it replaceable with any 2.5" SSDs?

I might get one if you can replace with any.

Nope. The mini uses a "mini" ssd. It is smaller, much like half height pci cards. Only a few companies make them. This is one of them.

I'd get one for a hackintosh if I had the money. To bad I'm broke, though :(

I would buy this if you didn't have to use a mini-pci-e HDD

I would buy this if the shift key wasn't in such a stupid location for touch typing ;).

Good price though. Makes me think about getting one even though I know I won't like the shift key ;).

Never noticed the shift key. I already have a hard enough time touch typing on a laptop.

Hmm...I wouldn't mind something for primarily surfing the internet at work. At this price it ain't bad at all

My friend purchased one of these last week and upgraded the ram- he said it's well worth the ridiculously low price for a laptop and is perfect for surfing the internet- although the extremely small sized keyboard took awhile to get used to.

I just got mine 3 days ago from the first $200 deal... love this thing. Put 2gb in it and a runcore 32gb SSD with XP pro. Boots XP in like 20 seconds, completely silent and snappy for web surfing and basic applications. The screen is top notch, only thing that is weird is the keyboard.

Definitely a good buy at this price, especially if you plan on upgrading the RAM and HD.

Definitely a good buy at this price, especially if you plan on upgrading the RAM and HD.

RAM and HDD upgrades are like $100 right? I haven't seen the 32GB runcore drive, but there was a 16GB linked above for $45 or so.

RAM and HDD upgrades are like $100 right? I haven't seen the 32GB runcore drive, but there was a 16GB linked above for $45 or so.

RAM was $25, and the 32gb runcore was $120. They sell a 16gb runcore for like $70 or so.

I tried typing on one of these laptops and it wasn't pleasant. This is not something you would want to write long letters on due to the small size keyboard and small size screen. I think most would eventually get tired of the small screen and small keys and wind up selling it any ways.

Bought one! :D Will check out running OSX on it and will upgrade the HDD and ram though.

Was ready to order and then found out I was getting whacked for shipping and taxes.

Screw CT and their sales tax.

So, has anyone gotten theirs yet? I ordered mine 2/27 and Dell's site lists 3/30 as the "possible" shipping date.

I got one the first time this deal went around. On it now, took roughly a week before it was shipped.

well no shit... it was a 24hr deal, damn i hate when these threads get resurrected and get me all excited...

well no shit... it was a 24hr deal, damn i hate when these threads get resurrected and get me all excited...

No kidding. I wish we had a little bit of Digg-essence here and can bury useless crap like the resurrected threads ;)

Back