It's coming... 8900GTX/8800GT in November!

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160407

XtremeSystems said:
G92 will not be 8700GTS Finnaly.

It will be launched on 12th Nov. if everything will go well!

8800GTwill be 512MB/256bit DDR3, Dual DVI / TV out, with HDCP and HDMI.

Performance will be between 8800GTS-320 8800GTS-640.

Price will be between 230-260usd!

Some manufacturers will launch a 256mb version but close to January.

TIP: 9800GTX will be aroung the corner in 30-40 days..

http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Nvidia_G92_is_GeForce_8800_GT/5299.html

VR-Zone said:
Nvidia has decided to change the marketing name of G92 (D8P) from GeForce 8700 GTS to GeForce 8800 GT instead. The 8800 GT card is 9-inch long, has 8-10 layer PCB and equipped with 1ns GDDR3 memories. There will be 2 SKUs; GeForce 8800 GT 256MB and GeForce 8800 GT 512MB priced at US$199 and US$249 respectively. The performance lies between GeForce 8600 GTS and 8800 GTS 640MB. However, knowing that RV670 is doing better than expected, Nvidia is now trying to bump up clock speed of G92 and may push forward its launch schedule to early November to be ahead of RV670. There will be 2 SKUs; GeForce 8800 GT 256MB and GeForce 8800 GT 512MB priced at US$199 and US$249 respectively.

http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...ra=page=1&page=4&langpair=zh|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8
ChipHell said:
GeForce 8800 GT

D8P official product names are GeForce 8800 GT, but not before the rumored 8700 GTS.The reason is very simple, because it has been approaching the effectiveness of existing GeForce 8800 series, cool default at about 10,000.

The opponent ATI RV670 XTX.

GeForce 8800 GT, there will be two versions, but only the difference between memory capacity, 512MB and 256MB Two other specifications, 600MHz core clock, 64 SP. So this two cards can be expected only in the performance of high-resolution, high-AA settings, the game material (such as the DX-€ monster game) will be a difference.

Single-slot design, PCI-Express 2.0, built-in HDMI / HDCP, two Dual-Link DVI. But uncertainty is not the third generation PureVideo HD, briefing mentioned.

In a briefing card photos, much like long GeForce 7800 GTX, is a slender, like the single-slot radiator, radiator cover the whole card, almost see PCB, see bare boards, so there are no uncertain NVIO video chips.

November will be the first official public sale Nvidia card, followed by downstream modified version.

It's coming. It's real. It's almost here :D!

If there's any truth to it at all, this is the card I've been waiting/hoping for, especially when/if the 512 MB model slides closer to $200 street price.

So even if these do come out, they won't offer any performance boost? Says it will just be between the performance of the 8800GTS 320 and 640... what's the point in that?

I don't really care about these cards I'm interested in next gen 8900's etc.

I believe my 90 days to step up runs out in December, so I hope this is true. Otherwise I'll just bite the bullet and move up to a 8800GTS.

So even if these do come out, they won't offer any performance boost? Says it will just be between the performance of the 8800GTS 320 and 640... what's the point in that?

The point in that is offering the true midrange card in the $200-$250 price range as most of us won't spend $300-$400 on a graphics card.

i cant believe people are still jumping in on this 0_0 when in nVidias history have they upped the part number by ten in the same generation? and what motivation would they have for making a slaughter house card? they won this round... buriyng ATi deeper in the ground is a bad idea..

P.S. None of these articles mention 8900GTX

TIP: 9800GTX will be aroung the corner in 30-40 days..

First quote. I used 8900GTX accidentally as that's the way I think of the card ;). Nvidia doesn't typically release medium-end without a high-end ;), and they have released twice while ATI was buried already the past few generations ;).

GoriLLakoS @ the original XS thread said:
My source is through a manufacturer...Visionary's(not sham's) maybe through nvidia direct or an other manufacturer....everyone has a different source..but all of them are based on a SINGLE one..

All of them should send the same things...

So , i keep what i say in my first post.

It is not my personal opinion..it is from a press release .. ;)

i cant believe people are still jumping in on this 0_0 when in nVidias history have they upped the part number by ten in the same generation? and what motivation would they have for making a slaughter house card? they won this round... buriyng ATi deeper in the ground is a bad idea..

7900 series ring a bell? It's never a bad idea to further your lead ;). Those privy to the private press release already know, though.

The HD 2950XT is coming in November also. Many people may not care though, I know I don't --but just thought I'd mention it for those who might find it interesting.

No, it seems end of November/early December ;)

I saw that thread too, and BenchZowner talked about that a few weeks back in another thread. I've got my fingers crossed!

BenchZowner said:
This November ( not in the movies ), new top dawg...single GPU ( no 7950GX2 look-alike )...768MB ( 1GB edition...highly unlikely for the first 3 months or so ) Samsung GDDR4-3200, 384bit BUS ( like G80 )...G80/G80+ SP's ( 128 or 128+ )...24xx MHz S.D. Frequency...

That's all I can say :D

Isn't there a upgrade to Direct X 10? I thought I saw something in Maximum PC about a 10.5 version than the 8000 series card can't even use.

The high end doesn't need help. The mid-range does. Badly. There is not a viable current-gen mid-range ($200) video card out right now. That's a huge problem.
I don't really care about these cards I'm interested in next gen 8900's etc.
That's nice. But the other 95% of PC game players, (the ones who would never pay more than $300 for a video card) don't care about another high-end, high-priced card. They have been waiting a year for a current-gen mid-range card that doesn't perform like a low-end card (8600GT/GTS).

I for one think its true, that and my 90 days is strecting into Dec. so im being optimistic.

with ya on that. I don't see any info on the 8900 in here? any idea on its estimated price? and when that will be coming out?

I'm guessing (If they even release an 8900) that it will be about the price we pay now for the 8800s and the 8800s price will drop. That makes the most sense to me....

What press release? I don't see any God damn press releases.

This press release, as I said a couple of times already, was an internal one ;).

with ya on that. I don't see any info on the 8900 in here? any idea on its estimated price? and when that will be coming out?

Already some info posted about cards... in this thread ;). Let's just call it G99 and pretend it's coming in Nov./early Dec. then, if you can't see.

This press release, as I said a couple of times already, was an internal one ;).
Once, actually. I missed that.

Now: one would assume that those receiving said press release would be under non-disclosure (why wouldn't they be under an NDA?). Discussing, or even going so far as to mention said press release, or any materials relating to the products covered under the NDA, would likely be breaching the NDA. Why would one assume otherwise?

You know, this happens every time. The people under NDA aren't talking, as it's in their interest not to talk. The people under NDA, specifically the people who state that they're under NDA, or allude to it, aren't actually under non-disclosure, and are just stating that they are for shits and giggles. People get a rise out of getting others to 'eat out of their hand', so to speak.

It's possible that every individual you've quoted is full of shit and just as possible that every individual you've quoted is on the level. I'm not sure why we're trying to make any kind of distinction at this point as to which is which. The number of wink smileys you're using indicates to me that the former is what's actually going on, and that one could easily classify you as a member of that group (let's call said group the "full-of-shitters").

If I'm wrong, then it's a terrible tragedy, but the only single concrete piece of information we have is that NVIDIA once said we'd see a "one teraflop" high-end part in 2007. Everything else is assumed to be conjecture.

one more lame,useless thread about 8900 series cards.I'll believe it when the editors of this site say so

Once, actually. I missed that.

Now: one would assume that those receiving said press release would be under non-disclosure (why wouldn't they be under an NDA?). Discussing, or even going so far as to mention said press release, or any materials relating to the products covered under the NDA, would likely be breaching the NDA. Why would one assume otherwise?

Oh, no one under NDA is talking I'm quite sure. However, some aren't under an NDA and have heard things. There's a reason you aren't seeing flat-out info... if you don't know that reason, I don't know what to tell you. People hear things early for almost every product that's ever launched for a computer.

one more lame,useless thread about 8900 series cards.I'll believe it when the editors of this site say so

Have fun.

However, some aren't under an NDA and have heard things.
There's a difference between hearing things and having items from a press kit. The guy you quoted said it was in a "press release" (a press release, by its nature, is public -- a press kit is not, so there's some disparity there already), so either he has a source that told him that it was in said "press release", and he relayed that to others, or he has said "press release" in his hands. The latter I'd doubt highly.

So, how exactly is any of this any more valid than anything you'd see at Fudzilla?

There's a reason you aren't seeing flat-out info... if you don't know that reason, I don't know what to tell you.
Is the reason because I'm not "in the know", as many individuals have claimed? (yourself included, if I'm not mistaken)

Stop using the fucking ;) face in 90% of your posts. I can't read because ;) is the only thing on my mind while I'm reading your posts. ;)

Anyway, the OP is all FUD...

Stop using the fucking ;) face in 90% of your posts. I can't read because ;) is the only thing on my mind while I'm reading your posts. ;)

Anyway, the OP is all FUD...

hahaha.... i've got the same opinion about the :rolleyes:

i think the users name was synonomous with 'wonderful' and good god damn, could he ever roll them out in the most antagonistic of ways.

with regards to the OP, i'll believe it when i see it and i'm excited at the prospect. i really can't wait to know for sure that i blew $250 on a vidcard that would be replaced in 2 months :p

far from a waste tho!

i really can't wait to know for sure that i blew $250 on a vidcard that would be replaced in 2 months :p

far from a waste tho!

I'm sorry, but I do laugh when people say this. It's like buying an 07 vehicle now, when you're fully aware of the fact that the 08 models will be arriving soon.

It doesn't make your 07 any less awesome, so just enjoy what you've purchased.

ATTN: phide

Hows it feel to be intelligent? Most of these guys have to want to know...please clue them in...

P.S. No sarcasm here, and i do love how people will believe absolutely anything, as long as its what they want to hear.

Back