It's here!! DFI Infinity P965-S

I bought a DS3 and it's working perfectly. Screw waiting for the DFI. I was all about it, but I'm not going to pay $25-$75 more and wait two weeks to a month to have a chance to sit in front of my computer until the newegg or other site updates to say it is in stock(or more likely sit in front of my computer waiting until 3:30 when I have to be at work and miss it because the site hasn't updated yet.)

I bought from the guy on e-bay (Baby Boutique. . .wtf???)

I want to build the rig now, and it is getting to the point where if any of the other stuff I bought doesn't work I will have had it so long I won't be able to RMA. Plus, I'm impatient.

I figure I saved $200 on the CPU (thanks Intel), another $40 from ordering from ZZF instead of Newegg, and $100 on the video card (thanks Dell), so I don't feel bad paying an extra $70 or so for the board. If it arrives in a timely fashion and works properly I will be satisfied. Plus, the only other board I was seriously considering was the Bad Axe 2, and this was only $10 more expensive than that (or more, elsewhere).

...an extra $70 or so for the board.
I've owned the BX2, P5B...all close to or more than what you paid. You're getting the better deal. :D I hate to say it, but I would have paid upwards of $200 as well. :p

I decided to go with a more matured motherboard, the abit Quad GT, with it's current rebate it makes it only a tad bit more.

i took it orderd it today....Dude said they are a official lunch partner of DFI and they had 4 left in stock when I called today...Came out to 165$ shipped I hope I get it by friday :) He said they are shipped directly from DFI so I guess I will find out

Now I am debating between video cards

X1950XT for $179 or 8800GTS 320MB for $279 :confused:

VW pretty much guaranteed they'll be OOS. Nothing like a good [H] buddy's word.

Hey, do you guys know if this board will be covered by warranty if you buy one off ebay or through forums? I ask this because I just bought one from a guy here at HardForums and I don't know what DFI's policy is on this. I know some companies like G.Skill and OCZ have no problem with this, but I'm unsure about DFI. Would I need a receipt if I ever needed to RMA it?

EDIT: Looks like NicePun, the guy I bought the board from, is including the receipt with it so I shouldn't have any problems. I'm really looking forward to giving this board a try later in the week.

Well i cant speculate on DFI warranty policy since ive never owned a DFI board. That is something youll have to take up with DFI.

From my experience, most mobo companies seem to be kinda anal when it comes to RMAs, and require a receipt in YOUR name. So theres a chance if they require a receipt, youll need one in your name for warranty. Having the receipt in someone else's name most likely wont do it. I dont know how anal DFI is but.......I would have checked ahead of time.

Well i cant speculate on DFI warranty policy since ive never owned a DFI board. That is something youll have to take up with DFI.

From my experience, most mobo companies seem to be kinda anal when it comes to RMAs, and require a receipt in YOUR name. So theres a chance if they require a receipt, youll need one in your name for warranty. Having the receipt in someone else's name most likely wont do it. I dont know how anal DFI is but.......I would have checked ahead of time.

That's true, but I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem. I did check out DFI's website and went to their Product Registration page. When you fill out the registration, it gives you the option of saying you bought through a bidding site, so I would think that buying via a forum "For Sale" thread would be acceptable as well. As long as it's a unique serial number then hopefully all is good.

I'm pretty sure they requested a copy of my Reciept on my Nf4 lanparty 6 months ago. I'm 90% sure I had to fax it to them. They are excellent with their rma. It was back in my hands from from day 1 sending it to back to them and day 11 it being returned to me again. I f*cking love DFI boards. they are of such good quality.

How will this new board pair with the Ballistix ddr 800 on sale right now at buy.com.? just ordered those and hoping that I can get 1/1 (480mhz+) on both.

Yeah if that is the case, insomniac, you are out of luck.

Well I do have the receipt, so hopefully they aren't anal about this. It may not have my name on it, but it's a receipt nonetheless. The board was purchased directly from DFI, BTW. I figure I'll just give them a call on Tuesday and talk to someone directly to get answers. I'll let you guys know how that turns out just in case anyone else buys one off eBay or through the forums and wants to know if the warranty will hold up.

Well I do have the receipt, so hopefully they aren't anal about this. It may not have my name on it, but it's a receipt nonetheless. The board was purchased directly from DFI, BTW. I figure I'll just give them a call on Tuesday and talk to someone directly to get answers. I'll let you guys know how that turns out just in case anyone else buys one off eBay or through the forums and wants to know if the warranty will hold up.

Just tell them that I bought it for you as a gift...LOL

Crap I just ordered it this morning from them 12.00 shipping
do you think they will adjust the price if I call them? :(

Damn they are on the west coast and I am in myrtle beach I have to wait another hour before they open :(

in for one,
but ill be mad if newegg has it in stock today :p

last time i ordered commando from ewiz it took today before they ship

im in for one,
but ill be mad if newegg has it in stock today :p

last time i ordered commando from ewiz it took today before they ship

well you would only save like 2 bucks buying from newegg, and ewiz has the exact same return policy as newegg 30-day refund 1-year replacement. newegg recently pissed me off so I think I will order this now instead of waiting for newegg to restock.

cool thanks just ordered one.

well you would only save like 2 bucks buying from newegg, and ewiz has the exact same return policy as newegg 30-day refund 1-year replacement. newegg recently pissed me off so I think I will order this now instead of waiting for newegg to restock.

cool thanks just ordered one.

or if you're like me you get charged 9.75% tax when buying from NEWEGG

sucks

well, honestly newegg strong in order processing time, and its close to my place.
since they out of stock ill deal with ewiz :D

Wow, these came back unexpectedly quick. Weren't they not supposed to be available for another week or so?

Anyways, I contacted John at DFI San Jose (who apparently handles the RMAs) over the phone and he said the warranty will still be covered as long as I have the original receipt (@ Nicepun, I told him I was given the board as a gift :)). It seems that as long as the receipt matches with the motherboard, I'll be all set. Someone at the DFI forums suggested that I get an answer in writing through e-mail should a problem arise down the road, just so I have proof that someone told me this would be acceptable.

cool I just got a price adjustment since I ordered about an hour before they dropped the price :D

i took it orderd it today....Dude said they are a official lunch partner of DFI and they had 4 left in stock when I called today...Came out to 165$ shipped I hope I get it by friday :) He said they are shipped directly from DFI so I guess I will find out

Now I am debating between video cards

X1950XT for $179 or 8800GTS 320MB for $279 :confused:

man I want to be their official lunch partner :D :D

I ended up getting this instead of the abit like I mentioned before, I couldn't wait for the PP $$ to transfer(I'm to excited) so I bit, $150 shipped is an awesome price.

Wow, I just ordered one of these this morning, but I'm gonna have to call and see if they'll refund my $2 more and the shipping.

my mob got shipped the same day from motherboardpro should be here thursday :)

Back