It's that time of year...

Kvothe

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2006
hbowl07bj0.jpg

Fall is almost upon us, so we're getting close to the start of this years incarnation of the [H]orde|Bowl. Take a look at where we went with this last year, and keep your eyes peeled for announcements on rules, signups in the next month or so. :D

The Teaser
The Rules
The Players
Let the Games Begin!
The Winner Is!
Post Game Wrap

Viper and I have cooked up something special and unheard of for the prize this year.

Trust me, you'll want to win this year.

DougLite said:
Viper and I have cooked up something special and unheard of for the prize this year.

Now you guys just need me to get moved so I can get my half of it out. :p

Jon855 said:
:( I can't play cause I don't have 10k points yet... :eek:

that limit has been set for this year....neither have signups started...so go borging and get in here :) you got time

DougLite said:

You tease :p

We'll see how the interest level pans out, none of last years rules are concrete in stone, but this is just a look at where we went last year. And its for people to start getting interested and getting their rigs ready. :D

Viper87227 said:
You tease :p
This year's prize is going to blow last year's out of the water.

You may even consider water to cool it ;)

Since this is the second [H]orde|Bowl, we'll be going with a theme of 'Two' for this year's prize. Perhaps that means dual channel memory, or maybe something a little more exciting...

DougLite said:

Since this is the second [H]orde|Bowl, we'll be going with a theme of 'Two' for this year's prize. Perhaps that means dual channel memory, or maybe something a little more exciting...
ATI X1950XTX Crossfire eh?
This would be good cause then I'll have more cards that I could use for folding :)

DougLite said:

Hehe... I did explore watercooling, but it just ain't happening. To coslty. I have some good air cooling for.... it... though, so no worries.

Jon855 said:
ATI X1950XTX Crossfire eh?
This would be good cause then I'll have more cards that I could use for folding :)

Sure.... you pay

Excellent...i finally read the run down on how this is done....im SO in....i just need to find my best box to use....mmmmm....i think i might takedown my HTPC since it is my strongest system and really tweak a good OC on it ;)

Hmm, I don't know that I have any really strong single systems... the drawback to having a bunch of work borgs I guess.... Could be interesting though.

amenthes said:
Hmm, I don't know that I have any really strong single systems... the drawback to having a bunch of work borgs I guess.... Could be interesting though.

Play anyways, just for the fun of playing. You may get lucky ;)

amenthes said:
If you can find me a s754 mobo....i have an A64 3700+ i could slap into it at run it at my house for you ;)

roftranspo said:
If you can find me a s754 mobo....i have an A64 3700+ i could slap into it at run it at my house for you

I may have to work on that senór.

Viper87227 said:
Play anyways, just for the fun of playing. You may get lucky ;)
OH Yeah.... Do not brush off Viper's comment here.... plenty of folks (including me) got lucky once or twice last year at JUST the right time to really stir up some ... uh, TROUBLE , yeah,, that's what it was...... And ended up a victor when they thought all was lost....

RPhArrow --\\\-------------------------------------->

roftranspo said:
my prediction for this year is I will win :D
Hey... listen to the old grumpy guy here.... my prediction is that you will finish somewhere behind ME !! :eek: ..... borgs won't get you to heaven in this world......

RPhArrow --\\\-------------------------------------------------------------------->

RPhArrow said:
Hey... listen to the old grumpy guy here.... my prediction is that you will finish somewhere behind ME !! :eek: ..... borgs won't get you to heaven in this world......

RPhArrow --\\\-------------------------------------------------------------------->

You came in 2nd last year, right?

RPhArrow said:
That's right ! ... Nothing like a blooded warrior to know how to come back for 1st !

Thats what I thought. IIRC, you were kicking ass and taking names with an Intel setup. Those QMD's helped nicely.

I wonder, given that there aren't QMD's this time around, how Intel will stack up to AMD.

Viper87227 said:
Thats what I thought. IIRC, you were kicking ass and taking names with an Intel setup. Those QMD's helped nicely.

I wonder, given that there aren't QMD's this time around, how Intel will stack up to AMD.
Well, if the rules are same as last year, I can only use half my conroe against half of the AMD x2 (is there a better term ?) .... or mebbe my 4.5GHZ P4 will push an AMD up against the wall.... too early to tell.......

RPhArrow --\\\------------------------------->:cool:

RPhArrow said:
Well, if the rules are same as last year, I can only use half my conroe against half of the AMD x2 (is there a better term ?) .... or mebbe my 4.5GHZ P4 will push an AMD up against the wall.... too early to tell.......

RPhArrow --\\\------------------------------->:cool:

The rules arent concrete, but you can be rest assured its still a 1 computer / 1 core limit.

Viper87227 said:
The rules arent concrete, but you can be rest assured its still a 1 computer / 1 core limit.
That sucks !! :D Now I'm going to be pitting one core against the other so I can figure out which one is faster ................ :rolleyes: j/k

Back