its too hot outside! doing anything to keep your pc's cool?

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
i changed the fan on my moms hsf from a 70mm to a 80mm. keeps it at 50c idle now :( 2000+ axp tbred. before i did that, it was so loud i couldnt hear my dvd play. other than that tho, thats it. i havent done my comp yet, but it has good caseflow anyways. anyone have any strategies?

Which case do you have? You may need to swap some case fans out for some that could push more air.

my rig has a cm690, front 120, side 120, rear 120, and 80 on the hsf(copper thermaltake on a 4200+ am2 65w)

I'm buying a window AC unit dedicated to my computer room. It just gets too hot in there.

Its about 85 degrees in my house right now. I bought a giant Stanley fan that blows on to my computer (can't afford a case right now)

yuck man i hate the +$50 on my power bills every summer month but when i think about how it was (85 in my house too) im so damn happy i have it. it doesnt cost that much to add- install it yourself and you can have central a/c in your house for less then $500.

Its about 85 degrees in my house right now. I bought a giant Stanley fan that blows on to my computer (can't afford a case right now)

Yuck. 85F is way too hot for me. It was 80F and really humid outside today, but my apartment was a nice 68F all day. :D

I like to keep my AC at a magical 75F. That's a good spot for my PC and me too. :)

It's expensive to live in New Jersey....I know I surely cannot afford installation of central air!
Damn this humid dump of state :(

I used to live in NY. We didn't have central air but we were smart enough (or felt it was worth it, whichever you prefer) to have A/C units in the key rooms of the house.

8,000 BTU AC for my computer room which makes it about 70-74F when it's boiling out(85-90F today).

South Louisiana FTW!!! Heat AND humidity. Just dropped $13,000 on a brand new top of the line Trane AC/furnace...Keeps the house a nice and comfortable 73 deg. My computers are happy!

South Louisiana FTW!!! Heat AND humidity. Just dropped $13,000 on a brand new top of the line Trane AC/furnace...Keeps the house a nice and comfortable 73 deg. My computers are happy!

Good choose my friend I got a Trane my self and its best AC I ever owned. My old Carrier POS couldnt keep up and it broke down 3 times last year until I replaced it.

I have AC but don't use it in the summer, it tops out here at about 95C. Nothing a little wind wont fix. ;) I'll probably just turn the case fans up a notch, and maybe see if I can undervolt the CPU a bit.

hahaha try the juarez heat, it's hot as hell and bone dry. I went about 2 weeks before i got my central AC, at bootup everything would be 50+. It's just a horrible feeling when you go to bed and it's so hot it makes you sick. I actually got dehydrated just being home and doing normal stuff(watching tv, doing chores).

Sorry but that's not boiling.

QFT. Just stating a temp doesn't mean anything. You need to give heat and humidity or the heat index to actually make a comparison.

There have been plenty of times here in MN where it is only in the upper 80's but the dew point is way up in the 70's. The heat index will be up in the 100's and heatstroke is a huge risk if you are out in it too long.

The cheap solution is to get a desk fan, remove the side of the case and have it blow directly on inside of the computer. The downside is dust.

sleeping wasnt fun last night! had a fan on me but it was 83F in the room and pretty humid, woke up today and its 81 now, but feels A LOT less humid. i cant do central a/c since my heat is baseboard, id have to put in all the ducts and vents etc etc. much more than $500.

I actually downclocked my cpu from 3ghz to 2.45ghz which alows me to under volt. And underclocked the gpu 10%. Since I will be playing GTAIV into the forseeable future I don't need my PC tuned up to warp speeds. I have AC, but like low utility bills. It won't go on for another month.

Down here in the desert of AZ it's already cracked 110 a few days. And it's not even summer yet. Thank god that I have gone to water cooling. Still gets a bit warm, but once the A/C kicks on (which has a vent that blows onto the radiator) the temps get to normal and stay that way for a quite a while.

Back