iTunes equivalent?

have2p

Limp Gawd
I can't get iTunes to work with Vista x64. Is there an equally functional program that's compatible?

I am having a problem with iTunes aswell except my issue is in XP. iTunes freezes my computer from time to time. I am not talking about when you connect the iPod and start updating or whatever, it happens when just playing a song from the library too.

Edit, I downloaded Foobar and it seems to be pretty good. I am also getting JetAudio, people seem to think that does a great job aswell so we will have to see. Just need the iPod functionality thoough :(

if you are looking for somehthing like itunes, ie. similar interface, features, google "songbird", its part of the mozilla project (firefox/thunderbird ect...).

a

if you are looking for somehthing like itunes, ie. similar interface, features, google "songbird", its part of the mozilla project (firefox/thunderbird ect...).

a

Thanks Songbird will likely be replacing iTunes on my computer :)

W00t! More 'birder's!

Now don't forget, this product is still in beta (though works great!). so, if you stumble upon a problem or a device/service that doesn't work, submit a bug report! The devs are great and work very hard to provide a great media management software!

Keep on birdin'!

For others interested:

Click 'da birdie

a

FYI, to clear things up. It's not part of the same project team that works on Firefox/Thunderbird. They use the same open-source platform, Mozilla®, but the connection ends there.

W00t! More 'birder's!

Now don't forget, this product is still in beta (though works great!). so, if you stumble upon a problem or a device/service that doesn't work, submit a bug report! The devs are great and work very hard to provide a great media management software!

Keep on birdin'!

For others interested:

Click 'da birdie

I know this is more of a software related item (not OS), but I'd just like to thank you for this.

I've looked into Songbird and it looks neat...I'll be giving it a try!

Just an fyi that there is a windows update to address the corruption problems by using the eject feature. I am pretty sure this update was just released..

Does Songbird support ID3tags within Flac files? It couldn't read the tags in my lossless collection.

Back