Ive got a big tagging problem...

Misfitted_Mecha

Limp Gawd
A lot of my mp3s were incorrectly tagged, so i downloaded TagScanner. Seemed like a good program, but it was kind of confusing to me. I had no idea what i was getting into. I process all 2400 of my mp3s and decided to set them to Artist- Song. Bad idea. This erased all my other tagging information and left it with just Artist- Song. All the Artist info says noArtist. I have no idea how to correct all of this. I can't really undo it. Is there some way i could have it load the correct id3 info from a database or something? I really need help cause all the mp3s are in disarray. Thanks a lot.

I did the exact same thing not paying attention to what I was doing. You can use that program to connect to freeDB.org to get your tag info. The tracks have to be in the proper order though for it to work. I just had to manually reorder most of my songs. It took a very long time. I feel for ya. Go to your tag processor tab then over on your rt top corner theres a drop down list. Tell it to get album info from freedb.

Yea, tagscanner isn't exactly the best when it comes tagging to a mess of unsorted files.
For that I would just set WMP 9 to retrive the information from the web.

wmp9.jpg

Point it to your music folder(s).
Open it and just let it do it's thing.
The only downside is it also downloads the album art for each file and that can be an unwelcome suprise when you find 1000 jpegs in your music folder. :D

Back