I've got this unused domain someone wants to buy...

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently received a rather informal email via my hosting company from someone wondering if one of my domains is for sale and, if so, how much. I didn't even realize I could be contacted by anyone about this. Anyway, I had used this domain for a blog for a very short period of time and then yanked it soon after I realizing I didn't have time for it. So, it's no use to me ATM and would let it go if the price was right. Due to it's short 6 character, letter-only .com name, I could see it being fairly valuable to someone...

I've never sold a domain. Is using something like Sedo the standard thing to do? What are my options?

What's the best way to reply an a very vague, apparently interested individual?

Ask them for their offer. If you like it, take it. If you don't, negotiate.

I agree with mikeblas, make them throw the first offer out and see what it's worth to them. I've bought and sold domains many times and have spent several thousand on a domain and have been paid several thousand for domains. I don't do it to make money but when your company runs a marketing campaign on a domain that you don't own, you do what you've gotta do to get that domain :p

Thanks for the advice. I will probably do something along those lines.

LOL, of course you will. What else would you reasonably do?

Back