Ivy Build - Need Motherboard Selection Help

Detox11

n00b
I am in the process of choosing the components for my new Ivy Bridge build and need help choosing a motherboard.

The build will look something like this:

Antec P280 Case
Core i5 Ivy
GTX 670 4GB version
256GB SSD

I already have a NAS for storage needs and I don't really plan on overclocking, the option would be nice, but not a deal breaker. The build will mainly be used for gaming and working place productivity. I would like the option of SLI so I can add a second GTX 670 in the future if I want to

My price range is flexible, around $200 is my sweet spot. I've been using Asus MBs for years, my current board is from a 2005 Build s939 FTW!!!

Help is greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Detox

Thanks for the response, I see there are several Asus P8Z77-V models (eg. LX, Deluxe, Pro, Premium etc)

Which one do you recommend? Is there a performance difference between them or just features?

Many thanks,
Detox

I'm building a new IB rig myself -- the final part (3770k) just arrived today. I've always been an Asus fan and my last two builds used their Maximus Formula ROG boards. But the only Max V Z77 board out now is the mATX Gene which I don't want. With the V-series, only the higher end Deluxe and perhaps Pro had the features I wanted, but also had crap I didn't want like the wireless stuff.

Gigabyte boards are also popular but I've just never been a fan. I wound up settling on the MSI Z77A-GD65. Dan and Kyle rated it pretty highly and gave it the [H] Editor's Choice Gold award in their review.. It can be had for ~$185 US, cheaper than the higher-end V-series Asus boards which run up to $100 more.

I noticed the Asus P8Z77-V with Wifi can be had for about $200CAD. Is this an mATX board? I don't think it is.

Also, isn't Asus set to release their next Formula board first week in June?

None of the V-series boards are mATX. They're all full-size unless there's a model I'm not aware of.

I've not heard a confirmed release date on the new Formula yet, and I last looked about a week or so ago when people were still trying to pin them down. Could have happened by now, but I had already been waiting about a month and didn't want to wait any longer -- I have a pretty urgent requirement to build another media server and instead of investing in new parts for it, I decided to upgrade my rig and pass those components down.

Back