Jammie Thomas Gets New Lawyers

HardOCP News

[H] News
After her last lawyer bailed out on her last week (here), a trio of Harvard educated lawyers have stepped up to the plate to defend Jammie Thomas for free. The new legal team, not content with just "defending" Thomas, has promised to take the fight to the RIAA. This will definitely be something to keep an eye on.

Thomas’ lawyer from that trial bowed out this week, citing unpaid legal fees — more than $130,000 worth. Now the three former Harvard University classmates (Camara, Joe Sibley and former Netscape engineer Tim Nyberg) are stepping up to the plate for free. All three were students of Harvard scholar Charles Nesson, the founder of the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University.

Well at least they know their technicals. This might be a huge advantage.

Let's forget lawyer fees and just pool money into building a space-based MAC canon and lock onto the offices of RIAA/MPAA and their international cohorts...may just be cheaper.

They sure are trying, and for free. Maybe this even will end now.

yessss. I love people like this. It's one of the reasons why I want to be a lawyer... too bad they'd probably reject my services... even if I offer to do it for free.

As an attorney, it is really nice to see our profession getting some positive press for once. I have volunteered in a tax clinic in the past, and I can honestly say it was the most rewarding thing I have done since becoming a lawyer.

I hope these guys make the RIAA squeal.

Back