Japanese Wagyu beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saw that in my inbox yesterday. I ordered 6 :)

i just get eye of the ribeye from my local butcher.. i live close to harris ranch (prob almost the biggest cow farm in usa)

Thats some sick marbling!

Don't overcook or thats an expensive fuckin mistake hahaha!

so they raise a cow on oats and beer + give it sake massages daily. If nothing else you know it had a good life...

ps, where is the room for cows in japan!

That beef is so good. Had it once, but never really could find the cash to do it again for the hell of it.

Maybe I can get some buddies...

its expensive because its essentially the best beef in the world... not that any meat is worth that much...

That's a lot of marbling, but I hear this is good for high-end grilling.

I heard that the top ~3-5 grades of wagyu beef are not exported outside Japan. The price of the one linked in the OP isn't the top of the iceberg :)

I had some when I was in Japan for the holidays a couple years back. Easily one of the best beefs I had.

I heard that the top ~3-5 grades of wagyu beef are not exported outside Japan. The price of the one linked in the OP isn't the top of the iceberg :)

I had some when I was in Japan for the holidays a couple years back. Easily one of the best beefs I had.

or so I have read....

costco carries good meat though.
I actually thought this was gonna be a good deal on it, then i clicked the link :(

Best marble meat in the world - kobe aka wagyu beef.

If I had the money, I surely would get 15lbs of this meat...nothing like a magnificent piece of meat.

Wagyu beef is one of, if not the finest type of beef in the world. It refers to a few different kinds to be exact, but they are all treated the same. The price is about right...pretty good in fact. Pity I can't afford it. The stuff is quite tasty.

It doesnt have to be exported from Japan anymore, the guy sold some to an American Ranch and then came over here for several months to teach them how to properly raise and care for the tasty things.

On a side note smoked gyu ton is also quite tasty from these bad boys.

maybe if all these farm owners started doing things like this more often we wouldn't eat this chemical filled shit and end up with cancer.

maybe if all these farm owners started doing things like this more often we wouldn't eat this chemical filled shit and end up with cancer.

most of us also wouldn't be eating beef at all. beef and chicken that hasnt been injected with growth hormones isn't hard to find. my grocery store even carries milk and cheeses from rBGH-free herds, at very little premium.

If you were a Japanese Kobe steak restraunt owner, would this be a good deal?

all i can find is milk like that, all my meat is probably toxic.

It is expensive, because it is actually human meat.

Frank: I've got a guy.
Charlie: You have a human meat guy?
Frank: I've got a guy for everything.

I've had Kobe beef at a high end sushi house. Best beef I've ever eaten, and it wasn't even cooked.

I've never had it, but I dont know man, you could probably own a cow or two for that kind of price =/

I've had good beef today that I cooked with broccoli and Chinese vegies, no grill, but I cut it in strips and sauteed it and it was very tender and flavorful, several grades above what I could find in restaurants here.

I'm not sure how much further up beef can get above "very tasty" ... and I'm an eastern european carnivorous fiend whose had beef in more ways than you can imagine...

Forget how much BBQ you can get here for that kind of $$, I'm really thinking of how much superb wine-aged kielbasa and prime natural kishka sausages I could buy with it from the European delis here (Buffalo) and in Canada (Toronto), or ordered from the old country where they still raise them on grass and feed them plants for medicine (like horses).

It doesnt have to be exported from Japan anymore, the guy sold some to an American Ranch and then came over here for several months to teach them how to properly raise and care for the tasty things.

On a side note smoked gyu ton is also quite tasty from these bad boys.

Well there are two different types of Kobe beef...American Kobe beef and Japanese Kobe, both of which are are very different. Japanese Kobe is more expensive and tastes much better than American Kobe but American Kobe is still pretty good.

don't u wish u rich?

If I was rich, I'm not sure I'd spend this kind of money on beef. I suppose once just to try it; like anything, I'm sure it adheres to the law of diminishing returns. I always look for 'bang for the buck' - if this is really quantifiably that much better than Angus on a per dollar basis, then merely taking a taste should leave one slumped over in a chair with drool and other bodily fluids staining the crotch of their pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back