Java and .Net Development

frankyk

Gawd
I am doing some research on these topics and I was wondering basically where most of the enthusiasts or people that work in this area usually get their information and data from. Any good sites, magazines for reference?

I find many of MSDN's reference articles hard to understand or insufficient info. For the most part I just google what ever I need help.
java2s.com has helped me out a lot with their examples.

You say you're doing 'research' which would seem to imply that you're looking for basic understanding & background info. In contrast, "enthusiasts or people that work in this area" are, almost by definition, going to already have all the basic understanding & background and will be searching for cutting-edge news & solutions to particular technical problems.

IOW - what are you really trying to figure out?

You say you're doing 'research' which would seem to imply that you're looking for basic understanding & background info. In contrast, "enthusiasts or people that work in this area" are, almost by definition, going to already have all the basic understanding & background and will be searching for cutting-edge news & solutions to particular technical problems.

IOW - what are you really trying to figure out?

i'm trying to learn more about this field for a market research project i'm doing at school. so, understanding where enthusiasts gather information, find solutions, etc. basic information you can find just on google, i want to learn more about how a daily user goes about his day and such in identifying solutions and collaborating with other developers and such.

i'm trying to learn more about this field for a market research project i'm doing at school. so, understanding where enthusiasts gather information, find solutions, etc. basic information you can find just on google, i want to learn more about how a daily user goes about his day and such in identifying solutions and collaborating with other developers and such.
Sounds like your interest is more related to "continuing education sources" or "niche topic research" than with "New Programming Language 101"... am I right?

oh yeah, i am interested in java and .net development but for the sake of this project at school, it's just really to find out more about where resources are found and where information is gathered. not so much about the specifics, but where the specifics are found.

oh yeah, i am interested in java and .net development but for the sake of this project at school, it's just really to find out more about where resources are found and where information is gathered. not so much about the specifics, but where the specifics are found.
Then any of the previously suggested links/references should suffice. If there's something specific that you cannot find from the previous links/references, then let us know.

Yeah, thank you everyone for the links/resources. I've been reviewing them and it's really good information! :)

Ahh... a marketing question. A good place to find programmers, of any sort, is stackoverflow.com.

Back