Jerker Gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8balls said:
here's mine, got it off the 'as-is' corner in ikea, took about 30% off the list price as well. excellent condition, only a few dents on the tabletop.

newtable.jpg

Big bulky CRT on the desk, LCD on the floor?

xveganx said:
that was one of the funniest things ive ever read.
It is sooo fucking true. Except I dont drink but everything else was right on. Anyways I was crying I was laughing so hard and nearly pissed my pants

Yeah, I saw that too when I put mine together, it's even harder when you want to change the height, which I do about once every two weeks, I have a very fickle mind

Frick, this thread REALLY has me wanting one of these things. I really need a bigger desk...for for $120 CDN before tax/shipping it's not too bad. I really would like the space, and the room/ability to addon to the desk itself is awsome.

You guys convinced me...I'm getting one as soon as I've got the cash.

J_I_M_B_O said:
Big bulky CRT on the desk, LCD on the floor?

wow, old pic from bloody ages ago man. the lcd and system on the floor were for my gf. ive since moved house, sold the coolermaster casing, and bought a 17 inch dell lcd.

8balls said:
wow, old pic from bloody ages ago man. the lcd and system on the floor were for my gf. ive since moved house, sold the coolermaster casing, and bought a 17 inch dell lcd.

Good to know, that was kinda troubling me also. :p

Frick I can't wait to have the cash to pick up a Jerker...especially because I wanna be switching to a Shuttle XPC in the not to distant future...the desk will look massive with an XPC and 17" LCD. :p

The desk is great, I have it in "beech" (dark brown) and dark metal legs. I love it, but be warned: It's a pain in the ass to assemble

J_I_M_B_O said:
The desk is great, I have it in "beech" (dark brown) and dark metal legs. I love it, but be warned: It's a pain in the ass to assemble
are you talkin' about the shelf version? 'cause the table version is a snap; took me about 1/2 hour, tops. no weird tools or anything going on, it's "paint-by-numbers", really.

killedaway said:
are you talkin' about the shelf version? 'cause the table version is a snap; took me about 1/2 hour, tops. no weird tools or anything going on, it's "paint-by-numbers", really.

Yeah, the one with the shelf, I didn't see any others at IKEA, the funny thing is I bought the Jerker before I knew it was so popular with teh techs

Nice job on that SOAD signing...and very nice setup...I don't think I'd go for the shelf version personally, but some of you guys are starting to sway me in that direction. :p

ratbird said:
^ yes it is, with guitar and bass picks and first concert ticket :)

Thaz niiiiiiiiiiiice, I'm gonna go see one of their concerts this summer.

Sorry, about the total off topicness

J_I_M_B_O said:
Thaz niiiiiiiiiiiice, I'm gonna go see one of their concerts this summer.

Sorry, about the total off topicness

It happens to the best of us, and it's not like there's been a LOT going on in this thread lately.

Saying that...come on people...more pics...I can't wait to be able to pickup a Jerker of my very own. :D

Cousin Patty said:
Where can one get those platform things that attach to the sides of the Jerker?

If you want, PM me. I have a side shelf for sale.

same desk, newer pic. yes, those speakers sound as sad as they look, yes the wall is a crazy green/yellow color (though not as bad as the pic makes it out to be), and yes, i shamelessly "borrowed" Om1kron's riser/shelf idea (thanks btw!):

jerkin.jpg

those risers/pegs are called "Capita". (corrected -- thanks Jr3ID)

Jr3ID said:
they are actually "CAPITA"

$14.00 / 4 pack
lol! you're right. that's what i get for trying to read at 1 in the AM. Capita, it is. they come in different heights, 4" and 6" for sure, and i think they had some taller, but i don't recall. the ones i'm using are 6". each leg has a big (and rather ugly) flat steel base that screws into the underside of your shelf; the leg itself then screws onto that.

killedaway said:
lol! you're right. that's what i get for trying to read at 1 in the AM. Capita, it is. they come in different heights, 4" and 6" for sure, and i think they had some taller, but i don't recall. the ones i'm using are 6". each leg has a big (and rather ugly) flat steel base that screws into the underside of your shelf; the leg itself then screws onto that.

Thx for clearing that up, I might be considering those risers in the future.

dang how nice are those viewsonics? i was dead set on getting a samsung 20.1 but i seen those come up on newegg and i think i might pickup one

chr, which Viewsonic monitors are those? I didn't think the ergotron neoflex arms were up for that kind of weight.

chr said:

dude, what func pad is that? don't see anything like it on their site, I have it feeling it's one of those limited editions that were made with aluminum for the base instead of rubber

hello!

func1030 archetype mba version is the mousepad you are asking about.

viewsonic vx2025wm's are the displays.

hope this helps

chr said:
hello!

func1030 archetype mba version is the mousepad you are asking about.

viewsonic vx2025wm's are the displays.

hope this helps

I agree, those displays kick a$$...got to play with one recently at a local store. :cool:

Thx for the naming of the pad...upon looking at it again I really do want one...my ratpad just isn't cutting it anymore.

I love yet hate how you enhanced the new pictures to make it look so much better than it actually is :p

Seriously doubt its going to ruin his monitor.... I have had huge speakers next to my lcd for mayhaps a year or so.... nothing is going to happen :p

2uantuM said:
I love yet hate how you enhanced the new pictures to make it look so much better than it actually is :p

yes. i photoshopped most of the components into the picture, so what really exists is an atari, a black and white tv, a live mouse, a keyboard made of paper all sitting on a crate.

:)

Black-Tom said:
Seriously doubt its going to ruin his monitor.... I have had huge speakers next to my lcd for mayhaps a year or so.... nothing is going to happen :p

I also doubt anything'll come of it...I've had my hard drive (in the tower of course) and monitor within 3 feet of a 400W 10" sub for months and nothing happened.

I haven't posted here in a long time, but here is mine...

desk3iy.jpg

got about $4,000 in computer parts(at the time, atleast), $1,000 in moniters, $200 in input devices, and $1,500 in speaker stuff(i made the shelf speakers for around ~$200, and they sound about as good as a $1,200 pair) taken with a camera I have spent $4,000 on... yeah, i cant afford this many hobbies...

really nice picture quality, and nice looking speakers and setup, speakers would be fun to paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back