Jerker Gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my jerker
and other shiet :D

IMG_0095.jpg

the_village_treky: Is that a picture of MC Hammer on the bottom left? :D

Damn strait :p

It's the liner notes from "please hammer dont hurt 'em." I found it at the local dump a while back, taped it to my computer :)

Very nice i2ice...the PC-7B is just what I'm looking at, and I always love seeing pics depicting what my setup could/would look like. Very clean, nice stuff.

I agree corn! That setup makes me want to abandon my glass corner desk and go Jerker. What mousepad is that? Looks like a customized corepad.

Nice setups guys!

apHytHiaTe said:
I agree corn! That setup makes me want to abandon my glass corner desk and go Jerker.

That's pretty much what's running through my head with every pic that I see in this thread...but I'm using some old $30 computer desk I picked up at an auction that's barely 3' wide...so I don't have that much to abandon. ;) :p

the_village_treky said:
I haven't posted here in a long time, but here is mine...

desk3iy.jpg

got about $4,000 in computer parts(at the time, atleast), $1,000 in moniters, $200 in input devices, and $1,500 in speaker stuff(i made the shelf speakers for around ~$200, and they sound about as good as a $1,200 pair) taken with a camera I have spent $4,000 on... yeah, i cant afford this many hobbies...

That is a nice quality picture. Might I ask you what you used to take it?

the_village_treky said:

desk3iy.jpg

got about $4,000 in computer parts(at the time, atleast), $1,000 in moniters, $200 in input devices, and $1,500 in speaker stuff(i made the shelf speakers for around ~$200, and they sound about as good as a $1,200 pair) taken with a camera I have spent $4,000 on... yeah, i cant afford this many hobbies...

That CRT looks like it's about to break that shelf. :p

the_village_treky said:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8960/desk3iy.jpg

is the screen on your crt cracked? :eek:

ok not to sound dumb or to be an ass but why all the hype over a desk whats so special about it .

LooSE said:
That is a nice quality picture. Might I ask you what you used to take it?

Thanks. I took it with a Canon 350D SLR with a Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 and EF500 Super EX DG flash unit.

KoFo said:
is the screen on your crt cracked? :eek:

Thankfully, no, its just my background. They are both Fractal renderings I made about two months ago. If anyone likes them I could e-mail you the .tiff’s

t3chyo888 said:
ok not to sound dumb or to be an ass but why all the hype over a desk whats so special about it .

thats what I thought, until I got one.

Jerker desks are awesome - both the computer and the regualar one. I have the regular one, and it is so spacious. I can fit almost anything on here. Not to mention I can choose where the shelves go - and that they can hold almost anything.

Look at it this way - Why are Lian Li's good? Cause they are versatile, can hold everything thats anything and look good while doing it. Jerkers are the same - except they are half the price!

rayman2k2 said:
thats what I thought, until I got one.

Jerker desks are awesome - both the computer and the regualar one. I have the regular one, and it is so spacious. I can fit almost anything on here. Not to mention I can choose where the shelves go - and that they can hold almost anything.

Look at it this way - Why are Lian Li's good? Cause they are versatile, can hold everything thats anything and look good while doing it. Jerkers are the same - except they are half the price!

Very good point(s) man...I'm almost wanting to pickup a Jerker before a new Lian-Li...which I never thought I'd hear myself saying. :p

Making my rounds as I finally took pictures of my office. Below is my Jerker in all its glory.

main.jpg

It is honestly one of the best desks I have ever owned and cheap as all hell when you compare it to other desks.

Thanks. I have had the desk for about two years and once I moved into this place I purchased the side units from C&B to give me some extra space. The Jerkers are really lacking in storage. After a bit I picked up two more of the side units and built the over rack. It was worth the time and work. I am so happy with the setup.

havalon said:
Thanks. I have had the desk for about two years and once I moved into this place I purchased the side units from C&B to give me some extra space. The Jerkers are really lacking in storage. After a bit I picked up two more of the side units and built the over rack. It was worth the time and work. I am so happy with the setup.

yeah man, looks like it was really worth it...nice stuff.

the_village_treky said:

hrm, can you raise the shelves on these jerkers? im thinkin about gettin a 37" westy, and i dont think itll fit with the shelf that low. thanks. =)

Not sure how I missed it before...but your setup is amazingly beefy looking the_village_treky...good show. :)

geteg said:
hrm, can you raise the shelves on these jerkers? im thinkin about gettin a 37" westy, and i dont think itll fit with the shelf that low. thanks. =)

i meant to reply to this....

answer is YES, and to be more precise, you can build it at any height you want. remember, you have to build these IKEA items. so you can make your table as high or low as you want and the shelf as high or low as you want.

el rolio said:
i meant to reply to this....

answer is YES, and to be more precise, you can build it at any height you want. remember, you have to build these IKEA items. so you can make your table as high or low as you want and the shelf as high or low as you want.

That's one of the things I love about the Jerker...I hate having a desk that fits your needs perfectly...but is just a little too high or too low. Damn I need some money...I actually want a new computer desk before a new case for the computer. :p

I was looking for a large, wide desk (for homework, rc plane/car stuff), and the wide 63" Jerker seems nice. However, it doesn't look like there are many accessories.

Some questions:
- Is it possible to attach (eg. screw in) a keyboard tray underneath the long 63" Jerker?
- What are those arm mounts everybody is using for their LCDs?
- Is there a short (~ 2 - 6") raised shelf that could be set on the single level jerker? Somebody said to search for Jarpen, but that turned up no results. I got to looking at other shelves and am wondering if there are short legs you could use to elevate a shelf from a bookshelf...
- Can you purchase the cpu/tower case holder separately to go underneath?

I'll probably be stopping by Ikea to pick one up next weekend.

Comments are appreciated.

flight16 said:
I was looking for a large, wide desk (for homework, rc plane/car stuff), and the wide 63" Jerker seems nice. However, it doesn't look like there are many accessories.

Some questions:
- Is it possible to attach (eg. screw in) a keyboard tray underneath the long 63" Jerker?
- What are those arm mounts everybody is using for their LCDs?
- Is there a short (~ 2 - 6") raised shelf that could be set on the single level jerker? Somebody said to search for Jarpen, but that turned up no results. I got to looking at other shelves and am wondering if there are short legs you could use to elevate a shelf from a bookshelf...
- Can you purchase the cpu/tower case holder separately to go underneath?

I'll probably be stopping by Ikea to pick one up next weekend.

Comments are appreciated.

Scan the Ikea site. There are two different Jerker setups. The one with out any arms or gear is the 63" Jerker. There is another that I believe is about a foot less in width. Both of them can get trays and a tower holder I believe. Ikea is all moduler so you can pick out your parts basically. I hate keyboard trays, but that is just

I honestly didn't even know that there WAS a 63" Jerker...I'm gonna have to checkout the Ikea site again...and maybe come across some dough and pickup one of these bad boys. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
I honestly didn't even know that there WAS a 63" Jerker

It doesn't look like the traditional jerker with the shelves, and it's not quite as deep (by maybe 6"?)... but I assume it has the same awesome build quality. But. It provides a -lot- more desktop space to spread everything out on, and you could possibly add a short raised shelf for your monitor like a guy did previously on this thread.

flight16 said:
It doesn't look like the traditional jerker with the shelves, and it's not quite as deep (by maybe 6"?)... but I assume it has the same awesome build quality. But. It provides a -lot- more desktop space to spread everything out on, and you could possibly add a short raised shelf for your monitor like a guy did previously on this thread.

I see I see...thx.

havalon said:
Making my rounds as I finally took pictures of my office. Below is my Jerker in all its glory.

main.jpg

It is honestly one of the best desks I have ever owned and cheap as all hell when you compare it to other desks.

hrm ok, 1 last question. how does the color match up on the jerker and the shelves. real close, or slightly off, ect? thanks. =)

I don't have one...but I thought that the top was a flat black finish, so it could be fairly close...but again, not sure.

geteg said:
hrm ok, 1 last question. how does the color match up on the jerker and the shelves. real close, or slightly off, ect? thanks. =)

Do you mean the color of the desk top and the shelving? They are both dark, it isn't a perfect match. It isn't off by too much, just a bit. I have zero complaint. The dark color Jerker is an awful hard color to match so this works.

I looked around at places that are not Ikea and you won't be able to match the color anywhere. At least, anywhere I looked and I can only dig Ikea so much.

havalon said:
Do you mean the color of the desk top and the shelving? They are both dark, it isn't a perfect match. It isn't off by too much, just a bit. I have zero complaint. The dark color Jerker is an awful hard color to match so this works.

That's what I was thinking...but good to know. Still no reason I've found NOT to pickup one of these beauties asap. :cool:

man i paid about 1k for my desk, i would've just picked up one of these if i had known. oh well

hrm so it seems the 3007 has no prob fitting on the jerker. anybody have something bigger on their jerker? like a 32 or 37 incher er so? =)

geteg said:
hrm so it seems the 3007 has no prob fitting on the jerker. anybody have something bigger on their jerker? like a 32 or 37 incher er so? =)

If the scanner shelf wasn't there, I'd have another 6 inches of vertical room over the 3007. The 3007 won't fit under the scanner shelf anyway, but this is relevant because anything wider would HAVE to take some of the space that's under the scanner. There is ~0.5 inches between the 3007 and the side of the shelf.

I just assembled mine. It's a nice desk.

200605171744_00091.jpg

Now the only problem I have is that I also bought the drawer set thinking that they would go on there somehow, but they don't. I really like the drawers; I don't suppose anybody has come up with some sort of way of attaching them to the model of desk that I have set up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back