JET.com 20% everything, max $50 discount

Welp, I guess I have to be one of the first on here to test out a return of a 980 Ti. I wanted to do an exchange, but the option wasn't even there. It would only let me return. Basically all I did was click a button and then they gave me label to deliver the item back to Unbeatablesales.com. I'll see how prompt the refund is, but so far so smooth.

The problem with mine is that I noticed a strange sound. When I put my ear closer to the case I actually discovered that the fans on the GPU were making a rattling sound. I thought it might have been minor coil whine but it wasn't. I jacked the fans up while the card was practically idling, and the rattling got really bad. It only got worse, too. Since I plan to keep everything in good condition and eventually resell the card, that was a no-go for me. While I was planning to put a G10 on it anyway, it's no good to have issues out the door. It sucks, too... This was a pretty good card.

I'm not sure if I wanna do the Jet 980 Ti lottery again (I know it's only been once but still). I think this time if I choose to get another 980 Ti I might go to Microcenter, because if I have any problems with my card, all I have to do is go drive 20 minutes and drop it off. For purchases this large, it makes some sense. Less stress worrying about refunds, because they have really good return policies, and very prompt refunds. Though the prices are higher.

Last edited:
^^^ Sorry to hear about your luck. Bottom line is these are retail boxes and you could have gotten the same 980ti from Newegg, Amazon, Bestbuy or Frys. The difference being the return policy and how that goes for you remains to be seen, please do report back though.

Myself, the reference Zotac 980ti I received through Jet.com is installed and running fine under water and has no coil whine at all.

I'm reporting back. I got my money back today. Overall considering the Thanksgiving/Black Friday stuff, it was a fairly painless and quick procedure. They gave me a label to send it back to Unbeatablesale.com, and the package arrived there quite quickly. The refund took more time but shorter than what they said it would overall. I'm happy with this. Still a pity I had to send the card back though.

I'll have to look into getting some toner for my color laserjet through them.

Anyone have experience ordering a CPU through Jet. I ordered an i5 4570. With the 20% discount, comes to about 140. Good price. But being fulfilled by "limited goods". So I'm wondering how this is going to go...

They delivered my acre 144hz monitor. No issues.

Thanks for the response. Do you mean 'limited goods' fulfilled / delivered your monitor? If so, that's somewhat reassuring. If so, how long after your order did you get a shipment notification?

got my dell u3415 without any problems. package arrived in good condition/on time, monitor is great, minimal backlight bleed aka i dont have to return anything.

Ordered a Zotac 970 Amped Omega Cored edition, got a Zotac 960.. yeah, the deal was a bit too good to be true.

I got a 4590 through jet.com that came from the same vendor. No problems at all. Hopefully the experience is the same for you.

Back