Jetway A210GDMS Bios Questions

Jelic

Limp Gawd
Hey, I have a few quick questions about some options in the Bios of my Jetway A210GDMS. First off, in the Miscellaneous Control, what does the overvoltage option do? It only has an enable or disable and the CPU/VRAM Voltages don't seem to be effected by this. Should I leave it enabled or disable it? Also under the Integrated Peripherals -> On Chip Device Function -> South Bridge Feature there are options for P2P Pre-fetch Queue Depth, P2P Maximum Pre-Fetch DW, PCI/14m/USB CLK Powerdown, S.B. PCI-E Performance, and ULI HPET. Anyone have any clue what any of these options do? I've googled them and come up with nothing. I'm particularly interested in the SB PCI-I Performance and the ULI Hpet... thanks!

dont get the jetway, there are a million better boards out there now. Both the MSIs are better, the Biostart is probably better etc....as for your question, I dunno :p

Er... He already has it. That's why he was asking. :rolleyes:

I didn't think the overvoltage option did anything, and originally took it out, but Jen let me know that it allows you to raise the the max VCORE/VDIMM by 0.05. Kind of a stupid feature, but whatever. I left it in so you can fine tune your RAM voltage, in case it's picky (like TCCD).

Not really sure what any of those other settings are either. Googled them all and they came up blank, so left them in the modded bios, if someone wanted to fiddle with them.

HPET stands for "High Precision Event Timer. Here is the closest I can find to getting any real idea of what the HPET does: https://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/CEC/mm-timer.mspx

over volt did help by giving a bit more voltage than the stock bios settings. have found it usefull

now if i can get this board up to 260 or 270 fsb then i can see if this 3800+ x2 has anymore in it. sigh 2500mhz was just to easy

hugs

Jen

Back