JetWay A210GDMS-Pro PATA Raid?

Jelic

Limp Gawd
Hey, quick question. Does the JetWay A210GDMS-Pro have hardware PATA raid? Or is it only SATA raid? I'm debating whether to buy a single SATA Diamondmax 10 250GB 16mb cache drive or buy two Seagate 160GB IDE hard drives for 50 bucks each from circuit city... Any suggestions? All I know about the Seagates are that they're 8mb cache 7200rpm. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Anyone have any idea on this? Is it only SATA Raid or is there hardware PATA raid as well?

What do ya mean it's garbage? Seems like the best 939 mATX board I've seen to date.

people with experience think it is garbage

20pin connector, no OCing, not a reputable brand,

What's so good about it? Just get MSI with the same basic chipset..it is a better known brand with the 24pin connector.

No ocing? Errr it has the most ocing options then ALL the other mATX boards out there so far. That's from what I've heard anyway. Also, the 20pin connector doesn't matter too much, if you look a lot of the 24pin connector motherboards don't really REQUIRE the extra 4 pins. 20 is just fine most of the time.

He is caught up on brand names. Getting up off my ass to look at the manual it looks like it does not. I don't see a separate RAID port either. Sorry.

Save yourself $10 by going with the non-pro (only dif is 32MB mem for the onboard vid) and get an ATA RAID card for another $7.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
caught up on brand names...I am caught up on quality. Certain brands got their names to be "brand names" by being better than the others. Seagate is better than Western Digital, PC Power and Cooling is better than OCZ....I just look for a quality product.

The Jetway doesn't have any real OCing opitions.....it may have a tad bit more than the MSI or something but nothing spectacular.

IF anyone has a review on the Jetway let me see it....I can only go by what I have read.

Jelic....Steeeve doesn't know what he is talking about, and the Jetway only has raid for SATA, that is what my manual says.

The MSI has LESS overclocking options then the Jetway.

And I find this to be drop-dead hilarious:
Steeeeve said:
The Jetway doesn't have any real OCing opitions.....it may have a tad bit more than the MSI or something but nothing spectacular.

wow....that is a lot of flip flopping. Doesn't have any.....may have more....but nothing spactacular. lol. Which one is it?

Steeeeve, it's still relative. I like my Seagate drive, because it's an awesome performer and performs much cooler and quieter than any of the other 15k drives out. Even Seagate couldn't make a better revision - they tried! But if I wanted the fastest drive on earth, I would get a Fujitsu MAU drive. I don't give a crap how their drives or their company did in the past - I go with what's best. :cool: For overclocking mATX - Jetway is it.

MSI might have put out some solid products in the past, but so what? So did Abit. ...and there was later some stirring that Abit was on the verge of bankruptcy! Do I care? Not really. Neither MSI or Abit has put out anything recently that I have needed to buy and that's what really matters as a consumer.

Capitalism in all it's glory. :cool:

Tiny said:
Jelic....Steeeve doesn't know what he is talking about, and the Jetway only has raid for SATA, that is what my manual says.

The MSI has LESS overclocking options then the Jetway.

And I find this to be drop-dead hilarious:

wow....that is a lot of flip flopping. Doesn't have any.....may have more....but nothing spactacular. lol. Which one is it?

wow, is it really needed to start insults?? Come on now....

I said it didn't have any REAL ocing options...meaning, it doesn't have anything spectacular such as normal atx mobos. I also said it had more than the MSI but it is virtually neglable. Don't take my word for it...talk to some guys that have it and do real tests on the thing.

Next time you decide to comment on something I said atleast respect what I wrote and read it for what it says.

sleepeeg3 said:
Steeeeve, it's still relative. I like my Seagate drive, because it's an awesome performer and performs much cooler and quieter than any of the other 15k drives out. Even Seagate couldn't make a better revision - they tried! But if I wanted the fastest drive on earth, I would get a Fujitsu MAU drive. I don't give a crap how their drives or their company did in the past - I go with what's best. :cool: For overclocking mATX - Jetway is it.

MSI might have put out some solid products in the past, but so what? So did Abit. ...and there was later some stirring that Abit was on the verge of bankruptcy! Do I care? Not really. Neither MSI or Abit has put out anything recently that I have needed to buy and that's what really matters as a consumer.

Capitalism in all it's glory. :cool:

I'll give you that...for OCing the jetway would be the "best" for just that...I am just saying overall the Jetway is not the best overall motherboard because the OCing opitions and other things just make other motherboards better.

Seagate is by far the better harddive company though. Easily seen by their insane market share and high warrenty.

Steeeeve said:
wow, is it really needed to start insults?? Come on now....

I said it didn't have any REAL ocing options...meaning, it doesn't have anything spectacular such as normal atx mobos. I also said it had more than the MSI but it is virtually neglable. Don't take my word for it...talk to some guys that have it and do real tests on the thing.

Next time you decide to comment on something I said atleast respect what I wrote and read it for what it says.

Name what "spectacular" options it doesn't have, of which another mATX s939 board does? I don't take your word for anything, cause you have shown many times you don't have a clue. I have the Jetway, as do many others. Also, I am not in the habit of respecting bull.

Ahh alright, Jetway mobo it is then, now another question, can you disable the onboard video so it takes 0mb of ram and no system resources? That option should be standard right? ^_^ Thanks for all the input

Back