Jumped on a P4C.. Ocing + Stock + SL6Z3 M0

fLiPaChu

Gawd
Hey guys, just jumped onto the intel bandwagon for a bit.. got myself an SL6Z3 M0 stepping P4C which @ cpudatabase.com ranks 4th, 9th overall pretty high along with em. Anyway here's my hardware:

Abit IC7-MAX3 (on stock P4 HSF) using latest bios 14
2x512MB Corsair Pro 3200LL
and of course a BBATI 9800Pro (stock/stock)

I'm surprised to find that my ram can run 3-4-4-8 at 250fsb and sucks up 3.1V, but I guess the real question is, I "could" leave it 1:1 but I just know the CPU's got more juice left in it so should I start using them dividers? My chips only eating up 1.6v. I'm sitting here at 3ghz looking dumbfounded.

Also, while upping the FSB, are there any tweaks I should do to my other system components as far as AGP/PCI clock or voltage? keeping it at 66/33 or what because I know sometimes increasing these values can increase stability and/or damage system components.. from what I hear 9800pros are tough cookies.. but what about my Audigy gamer =o.

Whats my next move? thanks!

flip

a quick reply to myself/bump..

at this time of writing i'm running at 245 1:1 with my ram at 2-3-3-6! using 3.2v, the max the mobo has to offer.. but.. wow i'm really surprised now, took it down a whole CAS clock haha.

flip

edit: bowing down to my memory, it's going strong 250fsb 1:1 2-3-3-6.

id start using the memory multipliers and up the fsb to 266, 275 and higher.

you mean the 5:4 divider right? yeah, i'll start using those when I switch to water or else it might get a little toasty. I'm at a happy medium right now though.

flip

also you could use a 3:2 divider to find your cpu's max speed then try the 5:4 and so you can isolate the instability

Back