Just a little props to Galaxy

Ghoststalker

Limp Gawd
I registered my Galaxy 680 GTX yesterday and today I had a voicemail on my phone from one of their sales/support people thanking me for the purchase and making sure I had no issues with it. Never had something like that happen before, so I wanted to toss out a kudos!

Something like that. I thought it was cool and I know a Galaxy rep pops in here from time to time.

My 2 Galaxy cards will be here by the end of the week... does that mean I get 2 random phone calls?

Kudos to Galaxy. It's nice to see them making such a presence as of late. As a side note, I hope they bring the triple fan setup to the 680. It's gotta be one of the best (if not THE best) setups I've ever seen if you like to keep your gear dust free. The way the fans pop up is genius.

That's cool. Galaxy also has a active rep in these forums who will take care of you personally. I see good things for this company should they keep it up. Maybe my next nV card.

I like my card, but their registration system kinda sucks. It didn't like my uploaded file of a picture of my receipt. I still haven't confirmation that they have recieved and processed my extended warranty registration.

Just ordered mine from newegg with rush processing and next day shipping for $520, looking forward to it. First time buying a Galaxy.

I like my card, but their registration system kinda sucks. It didn't like my uploaded file of a picture of my receipt. I still haven't confirmation that they have recieved and processed my extended warranty registration.

PM the Galaxy rep here to make sure it gets done and please let him know any issues you had and what those were specifically. Galaxy is listening on how to do it better, but they will need details.

When did you register the card? It typically takes a couple of days for everything to go through and come back around with a confirmation email. If you still don't have your confirmation after this time, please let me know and I'll check up on it for you.

Received my Galaxy GTX680 this morning. First Galaxy-branded card for me. Haven't played any games yet, but I am looking forward to it in a couple of days!

just wanted to confirm what I read on another thread re warranty. Is it true that Galaxy will extend the Warranty to a 2nd party if sold just with a copy of the receipt?

According to Galaxy website this is warranty info

Galaxy Graphic Card Warranty (North America Region) Limited warranty.

Galaxy Microsystems Ltd (“GXM”) hereby warrants this Graphic Card to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of sales receipt as sold to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”), subject to all the terms and conditions as specified herein. This warranty does not apply to auctions, ebay, or second hand purchase of products. GXM’s sole obligation under this warranty is to replace or, at its option, to repair, free of charge, all the product’s defective parts. An extended warranty of 1 year will be awarded to customers who register their product online within 30 days of purchase and will extend their existing warranty, which covers defects in materials, an additional one or more years from the date of purchase. This extended warranty is valid only with proof of purchase.

This warranty is only valid if the product:

1. Was installed per GXM instructions ;

2. Was not damaged during installation or removal from the computer ;

3. Was not damaged by software or hardware, including software or hardware incompatibility ;

4. Was maintained and operated under conditions of normal use in accordance with GXM specifications ;

5. Was not damaged by overclocking or modification by someone other than GXM.

Any modification made to the Product must be reversed prior to shipment back to GXM for warranty service. Product must be in original factory condition to receive warranty service. Determination of damage or defect, as a result of any modifications or overclocking by purchaser, will be at the sole discretion of GXM. Any charges arising due to modification will be the responsibility of the Purchaser.

Thanks

just wanted to confirm what I read on another thread re warranty. Is it true that Galaxy will extend the Warranty to a 2nd party if sold just with a copy of the receipt?

According to Galaxy website this is warranty info

Galaxy Graphic Card Warranty (North America Region) Limited warranty.

Galaxy Microsystems Ltd (“GXM”) hereby warrants this Graphic Card to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of sales receipt as sold to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”), subject to all the terms and conditions as specified herein. This warranty does not apply to auctions, ebay, or second hand purchase of products. GXM’s sole obligation under this warranty is to replace or, at its option, to repair, free of charge, all the product’s defective parts. An extended warranty of 1 year will be awarded to customers who register their product online within 30 days of purchase and will extend their existing warranty, which covers defects in materials, an additional one or more years from the date of purchase. This extended warranty is valid only with proof of purchase.

This warranty is only valid if the product:

1. Was installed per GXM instructions ;

2. Was not damaged during installation or removal from the computer ;

3. Was not damaged by software or hardware, including software or hardware incompatibility ;

4. Was maintained and operated under conditions of normal use in accordance with GXM specifications ;

5. Was not damaged by overclocking or modification by someone other than GXM.

Any modification made to the Product must be reversed prior to shipment back to GXM for warranty service. Product must be in original factory condition to receive warranty service. Determination of damage or defect, as a result of any modifications or overclocking by purchaser, will be at the sole discretion of GXM. Any charges arising due to modification will be the responsibility of the Purchaser.

Thanks

I am interested in this as well....I remember reading that someone contacted the Galaxy rep here on H forum....and the rep said as long as the 2nd owner has a receipt, they will honor warranty....not sure how that holds up, considering their website says otherwise

When did you register the card? It typically takes a couple of days for everything to go through and come back around with a confirmation email. If you still don't have your confirmation after this time, please let me know and I'll check up on it for you.

Still haven't heard anything back, I can see my ticket sitting in there. Again though the form doesn't really seem to work well in Firefox. For your file upload you don't specify any file type, size, or show the progress of it uploading. My ticket # is UKX-674152. Again, love the card but the registration could go a little smoother imo. I would suggest just requiring the place of purchase, the date, and the serial number; leave out the photo of the receipt altogether.

The other odd thing I have noticed if I try to hit your site it only comes up maybe one out of every 3 times... http://www.galaxytechus.com/usa/ I often get a sql error from your website. May want to check those IIS settings ; )
http://imageshack.us/f/832/capturefkz.jpg/

I registered my Galaxy 680 GTX yesterday and today I had a voicemail on my phone from one of their sales/support people thanking me for the purchase and making sure I had no issues with it. Never had something like that happen before, so I wanted to toss out a kudos!

Was it from a female with a super sexy voice?

Still haven't heard anything back, I can see my ticket sitting in there. Again though the form doesn't really seem to work well in Firefox. For your file upload you don't specify any file type, size, or show the progress of it uploading. My ticket # is UKX-674152. Again, love the card but the registration could go a little smoother imo. I would suggest just requiring the place of purchase, the date, and the serial number; leave out the photo of the receipt altogether.

The other odd thing I have noticed if I try to hit your site it only comes up maybe one out of every 3 times... http://www.galaxytechus.com/usa/ I often get a sql error from your website. May want to check those IIS settings ; )
http://imageshack.us/f/832/capturefkz.jpg/

Sent you a pm. I'm looking into it right now.

We're actually doing some work on the registration system, among other things, based on everyone's feedback. There are also other changes going on the background that might make the website a bit finicky for the next few days, but if a page fails to load in the meantime please hit the refresh button and it should go straight through.

I didn't register my card for the 3 year warranty because they require you to upload a copy of the receipt. Only time they should have that info is for an RMA and even then most manufacturers do not require it. I just did an RMA with Western Digital for a bad HDD and no receipt was required. My receipt has my CC# on it and that is not the kind of thing you send over un-encrypted email. To Galaxy: if I have to do an RMA within the next year you are required to replace it if I registered it or not because the law says so. In some Euro countries it is two years and no registration is ever required, it is the law. This ain`t China.

Just received my galaxy cards to day, but I have no idea how to register these things on the international site (Aus). Needs a big ass button saying register here :D

Only reason they want you to register it is so they can get all your personal info and then sell it. There should be no reason to register a video card for a warranty, in fact, I doubt it is legally required.

Only reason they want you to register it is so they can get all your personal info and then sell it. There should be no reason to register a video card for a warranty, in fact, I doubt it is legally required.

AFAIK several manufacturers require you to register for warranty support. I don't think it's illegal...

You need a tinhat. Not everyone is out to get you or your info. :rolleyes:

Registering for an extra year of support is fine with me & most invoices only have the last 4 digits of a CC/Debit Card. If you used PayPal, you're possibly even more safe from random perusal.

I didn't register my card for the 3 year warranty because they require you to upload a copy of the receipt. Only time they should have that info is for an RMA and even then most manufacturers do not require it. I just did an RMA with Western Digital for a bad HDD and no receipt was required. My receipt has my CC# on it and that is not the kind of thing you send over un-encrypted email. To Galaxy: if I have to do an RMA within the next year you are required to replace it if I registered it or not because the law says so. In some Euro countries it is two years and no registration is ever required, it is the law. This ain`t China.

I'd like to clarify that registration is required only for the extended warranty. If you don't want to register, you will still be covered by our standard 2 year warranty. Furthermore, we believe customer service takes precendence over technicalities and protocols, and we will always do what's right for our customers. The system we have exists because it must for the extended warranty to work, as many customers do not hold on to their receipts for 3 years and many retailers can't look it up after 2. By registering when you buy, you provide everything we need up-front to give the quickest response possible when an issue arises even 35 months later.

We don't offer our extended warranty or replace customers' products because any law requires us to, we do it because it's the right thing to do and we want you guys to have a good experience and continue to buy and use Galaxy graphics cards. Please don't take this the wrong way, I really appreciate your honest opinion of our warranty and registration system, but these systems were created with the ultimate goal of improving the customer experience, which is the basis for every decision we make.

Back