Just bought 2 IPS 2007FPs...

TotalLamer

Gawd
...now to grab a 3007WFP and sell my current rig. :D

Just tired of the obscene pixel-density on the U2711... I know the 3007WFP is a bit lower in that regard, so going to give it a try. Also the 1050 width on the 2209WA isn't quite good enough for viewing many websites in portrait-mode... hopefully the 1200 width on the 2007FP will be better. :)

Are they the IPS models? How do you like them?
I was originally told I would get a pva + two sips, when they arrived they were all s-ips.

I've only them one day, so I can't say I love them yet and I haven't had too much time to calibrate them yet either. So far I like them a bunch!

I was originally told I would get a pva + two sips, when they arrived they were all s-ips.

I've only them one day, so I can't say I love them yet and I haven't had too much time to calibrate them yet either. So far I like them a bunch!

How can you tell the IPS from the PVA? Mine should be all IPS.

I believe if your serial no. ends in a Y, you got a PVA. If its ends in an L, you got an S-IPS.
also
To enter the service menu and see the panel information (works for 2007WFP):
1. Turn off the monitor, hold 'menu ' and '+' buttons at the same time while turning it on.
2. After the power is on, let go of the 2 buttons and then press the '-' button.
Once in the service menu, look at the top it should read one or the other.
hn210 = sips
uw473 = pva

I own two 2007FPs, one PVA and one S-IPS, which both have been calibrated by a high end spectrometer and I can hardly tell the difference between them. The IPS shows a slightly better grayscale but the PVA shows deeper black. Input lag is non-existent for both.

Back