Just bought a Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD

Who has more info on the HF287HJB... I cant
find anything about the monitor :confused: ...

Reply from:
Chris Vargas
Customer Service Rep.
Hannspree

From what I have now learned, there is no street date for the monitor at this time. When it is out I believe it will be carried at Best Buy

You are correct....here is an email I got from them.

"The HF289HJB is at end of life, and as of 3/15/09 the HF287HJB will be replacing it."

Looks like there is a newer model:
http://www.coolpc.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=32589

HF287HP
http://www.hannspree.com/global/product_detail.aspx?id=25887&c=25945

HF287HJB
http://www.hannspree.com/US/product_detail.aspx?id=23792&c=20022

Lower power consumption (85W) and 15,000 CR for the X-contrast. vs 2,400 CR of the HF287HJB.
Seems like that it is only being sold in Europe and Asia at this time.

Last edited:
Just picked up my HF289H for $330 at Microcenter...best monitor I have ever seen for anywhere near that price! And viewing at 1920x1200

MY HF298H has beeng reat for PC and Xbox 260 but now im running into issues with my ps3

How do I get the damn thing to scale correctly?

The main menu of the ps3 only looks correct when in zoom1 mode however 720p games like Infamous and little big planet will then run in a small box in the monitor, to fix that I set the thing to 16:9 mode but the aspect ratio still seems quite off, I have it hooked up via HDMI. Any help is appreciated.

MY HF298H has been great for PC and Xbox 360 but now im running into issues with my ps3

How do I get the damn thing to scale correctly?

The main menu of the ps3 only looks correct when in zoom1 mode however 720p games like Infamous and little big planet will then run in a small box in the monitor, to fix that I set the thing to 16:9 mode but the aspect ratio still seems quite off, I have it hooked up via HDMI. Any help is appreciated.

bumping this, still need help/

I'm seeing the very same thing. My guess is that the HF289H doesn't scale 720p games correctly. If you set the mode to 16:9, it stretches the image vertically.

If anyone has anything to add, it would be greatly appreciated. It's so strange seeing the PS3 menu in its correct AR, only to see a game in a tiny box.

I owned this monitor for 2 years now.

First one broke (black screen, nothing ever displayed). Paid $50 for shipping for an RMA, got a new one.

This new one is having problems now about 10 months later. OSD keeps popping up trying to adjust the brightness for me, all by itself. So I have this permanent OSD on my screen now.

I am not going to pay the $50 again for RMA. I'd rather just try out my AR-15 against the POS and buy a new monitor.

Mine started doing the same thing about 2 years in. I slapped the hell out of it and it's no longer a problem (about 4 months). I just cant adjust any of the settings anymore due to the beating it received, which is no big loss. I did replace it with a 3X27" setup and moved my 289 to work. It seems like the wiring on the buttons either corrodes or shorts out over time and leads to this annoyance because it just randomly popped up one day and wouldn't stop. I'd beat it a little on the side and see if that helps, but I don't take any responsibility in you then being forced to shoot it because it completely stops working.

I owned this monitor for 2 years now.

First one broke (black screen, nothing ever displayed). Paid $50 for shipping for an RMA, got a new one.

This new one is having problems now about 10 months later. OSD keeps popping up trying to adjust the brightness for me, all by itself. So I have this permanent OSD on my screen now.

I am not going to pay the $50 again for RMA. I'd rather just try out my AR-15 against the POS and buy a new monitor.

if you mean the on screen display mine is doing it as well. I am putting up with it as I plan to replace it but its annoying as hell.

Hello,

I have x3 HF289H's (which all work perfectly after 2-3 years of use) in eyefinity but I have been seriously considering a transition to IPS-based screens. So far the consensus seems to point toward the HP ZR30W for the best mix of IPS picture quality and TN response time. I'm posting here because I've found no better discussion on the HF289H, and this forum is amazing, to ask the following question: considering my current setup, and if money is not the restricting factor, how much of a difference would I see upgrading to the HP ZR30W over my current x3 HF289H setup and are the ZR30Ws responsive enough for non-FPS games, like MMOs and single-player RPGs?

I appreciate any responses and if I just busted a thread necro rule my apologies in advance - I will create a new thread if that's the case.

-Chuwero

Back