Just bought Acers new 24" Display, Acer AL2423Wdr, Anyone know about this model?

SixFootDuo said:
...If anyone wants me to test this new 24" Acer for something in particular, let me know....

Signal lag. i heard someone even said that the 2416 was unusable due to the fact that in fast paced shooters there was bad lag between moving the mouse left and the screen turning left.

if you could just go into a game and see if you can notice even the slightest differance, i would be much grateful.

whats the point in trying to get a ping of 10ms in a server when your monitor is pinging 30?

just for referance. average reaction time is 200ms. shows you how much this crap really matters.

thanks a bundle.

kormendi said:
I have tried to get 4:3 to scale properly with a number of resolutions. I have had no success with both Analog and DVI. This is likely due to having an ATI video card. My next purchase will be an nVidia.

I had an ATI card and a Dell 2405. 4:3 scaled properly with black bars. No stretch.

The fault lies with the monitor for not having proper scaling. Though nvidia cards have a mode that will output black bars. The nvidia driver trick is a way to work around the monitors failure to scale properly.

MrWizard6600 said:
whats the point in trying to get a ping of 10ms in a server when your monitor is pinging 30?

just for referance. average reaction time is 200ms. shows you how much this crap really matters.

thanks a bundle.

It matters. When you add in all the common sources of lag, you could be talking 150+ms difference between the best possible situation and worst possible situation. Its like playing when you are drunk.

Best situation: No sync, no tripple buffering, video card running at max fps, CRT monitor, 1000hz mouse (1ms).

Worst situation: Sync turned on, tripple buffering, video card at < 60fps, ~30-80ms lag from a bad LCD, 125hz USB mouse (default)

the two difference between the two 24'' acer is the adjustment in height and speakers rights?
best place to get it is newegg?

which one is really better?
dell 2407 or the acer one?

I am thinking about getting one..

as ex-owner of 2416W, just want to assure you that playing FPS games like BF2 or COD2 with this panel is not a problem.

input lag is not noticeable at all, neither lagging.
only difference between 2416W and 2423W is DVI input on 23W, height adjustment on 23W which is better option, though it's almost 200$ more expensive here in europe.

dell 2405/07 along with other smaller panels from family, is a bugged monitor in sense of its faulty mainboard which causes a lot of problems so my advice is not to buy Dell

pva panel used in both, acer and dell is the same (and samsung 243/244t)

Definetly a good gaming monitor. was playing UT2004, Quake 4, CS, and HL2 last night. Looks friggin awesome. The ghosting is barely noticable, more of a slight motion blur. And input lag is non-existent imo.

According to what I understand the 2423w models use the P-MVA panel not the PVA (Acer AL2416Ws (widescreen) has a 24 inch 6 ms (g2g) PVA (Samsung LTM240M1) panel) of the 2416 models.
Acer AL2423W (widescreen) has a 24 inch 6 ms (g2g) P-MVA (AUO M240UW01 V0) panel
Link

Course the website could be baked. :D

that is the right panel.

i just plugged in my 2423 this morning and couldn't be happier so far.

the first thing to do was turn down the crazy brightness...now running it at 20% and it still seems much brighter than my old crt. weird.

also...what RGB settings in the OSD have those of you who bought this monitor settled on?

could someone who owns the al2423wdr measure the display without the stand for me? i am building a custom acrylic case with the monitor built-in and need to do some designing with sketchup but need measurements for the display.

i need the width, height, and depth of the main part of the display without the part that sticks out on the back. also i need the width, height, and depth of the part that does stick out on the back

thanks to anyone who can help me out :)

Definetly a good gaming monitor. was playing UT2004, Quake 4, CS, and HL2 last night. Looks friggin awesome. The ghosting is barely noticable, more of a slight motion blur. And input lag is non-existent imo.

Any chances someone could record a movie (possibly at 60fps, many cameras offer video recording these days, mine does 320x240@60 and 640x480@30fps). I'd like to see some fast FPS in action. I game on CRT (19" Brilliance and 24" Sony Widescreen) and also on Acer Notebook (TN panel) and on that notebook Battlefield looks most sharp even when fast turning, better than on my CRTs, but viewing angles are pretty bad. I wouldn't wan't to buy S-PVA if i was to get some bluriness :mad: My usage is 80% online gaming, 20% web surfing.
I also wonder how 30ms input lag would impact my scores. 30ms is lowest lag on 24", at least I haven't seen anything faster than this Acer.

i've been looking and i cannot figure out what panel either of these monitors have, or if either have the same one or not.

so far i have seen confirmations for either being PVA or MVA, and i'd really like to know whats what at this point, especially since the 23 is more expensive at this point and the 16.

Back