Just deleted partition

h41cyon

Weaksauce
I was doing a re-install of windows on my laptop. I also have an external usb connected harddrive on which I created a new i think ntfs (maybe fat32) partition. I copied all of my files over and rebooted by computer to install windows.

I deleted the partition on the local harddisk on my laptop, and ALSO the partition on my usb harddrive. (watching tv while deleting partitions = not good).

Now when I plug in my usb harddisk, it shows up as (unallocated)

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thats all my music/programs/etc HELP!

You can use a program like filescavenger or something similar to restore those files, its not that big of a deal. I had a 250gig maxtor go out on me 3 times when I was in Iraq and I was able to recover everything off of it.

Actually after doing some googling, it seems I need a program to restore a deleted partition.

Do any of you know a freeware option?

Sorry for freaking out there guys. This questions has come up a lot in the past, I just needed to search for it. When I thought all my data was gone, I started not thinking straight.

I ended up using a program called "Partition Table Doctor"

Which isn't free, like most of the the windows based partition utitlities out there, but I found a full version on rapid share.

This thread can die now.

kthxbie

Back