Just finished Mass Effect 2. Wow I never been so sad for a game to end.

song414

Limp Gawd
Man what a game! I did everything pretty much and finished it in 40-45 hrs.

I LOVED the improvements over ME1. I mean they really upped the production values of it. I like not roaming around in the Mako all the time on barren planets and like the ammo change.

First thing I noticed is the combat is soooo much better. I mean the sounds/graphics/fluid movement make this awesome. The way those mechs died how you shot their arms/legs and they would crawl and stuff. The sounds of your bullets hitting their metal chests sounds so crisp. Definately A+++

I found out about cryro rounds so late in the game. Wished I found it sooner. Nothing beats freezing enemies when they are in the middle of climbing over a barricade for cover and then watching them fall and shatter or using slam on them when their frozen to shatter.

There were a couple things that did upset me but I could tolerate. Things like tedious probing planets, lack of weapon selection, not a lot of armor selection. Also loyalty missions were nice but it would be nice to see how you treat them in dialogue affect them too.

Played the first time as a soldier. Might try a diff class with biotic powers next. Love watching Samara use max push to make enemies fly.

overall I give it a 9.7/10 and definately on my top 10 of all time list.

Was truly sad to see it end. Guess I'm going through my second playthrough now.

What are your thoughts?

I finished in about 18 hours... did all of the loyalty quests as well as numerous misc side quests. The only way I can see myself investing 40 hours is literally probing every planet dry... Which I don't think I'd have the patience to do. I'm waiting for an eyefinity fix before my second playthrough.

I played through as a soldier as well. I contemplated using cryo rounds, but I realized adrenaline IS cryo for all practical purposes.

Must have been on hard for you then because the game only took me around 25 hours to finish even doing a lot of the side quests. I also can't imagine wanting to scan planets dry. I did it for the first galaxy, but then all I could think about how little fun I had for the first 6 hours... Scanning for the game was horrible and I think whoever thought it was a good idea should be fired or moved to SWTOR team.

I finished 100% with my Mass Effect Soldier at 100%... I plan on running through again, but after achieving 100% on first run it will take a while to gear up to do it again. They really did a good job trimming the game up, but they also cut out what seems like a bit more content/ side quests etc

Must have been on hard for you then because the game only took me around 25 hours to finish even doing a lot of the side quests. I also can't imagine wanting to scan planets dry. I did it for the first galaxy, but then all I could think about how little fun I had for the first 6 hours... Scanning for the game was horrible and I think whoever thought it was a good idea should be fired or moved to SWTOR team.

Scanning is made easier with the A and D keys if I remember correctly

I scanned alot of planets at the start then kinda stopped. I had about 100k in resources left over in each and maybe 35k element zero.

I left my game on while i was afk maybe 2-3 hrs total too so it was around 37hrs. I listened to every conversation and took my time. Maybe thats why I took awhile? I also explored everything and did every side quest.

Im a little dissapointed I cant do new game+ with another class so i opted to go pure badass renegade adept the next time around. Im glad i still get resources/credits/bonusxp/extra skill when restarting though.

I didnt do the dlc content on the first run either so ill try that this time around.

Man what a game! I did everything pretty much and finished it in 40-45 hrs.

I LOVED the improvements over ME1. I mean they really upped the production values of it. I like not roaming around in the Mako all the time on barren planets and like the ammo change.

First thing I noticed is the combat is soooo much better. I mean the sounds/graphics/fluid movement make this awesome. The way those mechs died how you shot their arms/legs and they would crawl and stuff. The sounds of your bullets hitting their metal chests sounds so crisp. Definately A+++

I found out about cryro rounds so late in the game. Wished I found it sooner. Nothing beats freezing enemies when they are in the middle of climbing over a barricade for cover and then watching them fall and shatter or using slam on them when their frozen to shatter.

There were a couple things that did upset me but I could tolerate. Things like tedious probing planets, lack of weapon selection, not a lot of armor selection. Also loyalty missions were nice but it would be nice to see how you treat them in dialogue affect them too.

Played the first time as a soldier. Might try a diff class with biotic powers next. Love watching Samara use max push to make enemies fly.

overall I give it a 9.7/10 and definately on my top 10 of all time list.

Was truly sad to see it end. Guess I'm going through my second playthrough now.

What are your thoughts?

I couldn't agree with you more. It took me about 30 hours and change for a pretty thorough 1st playthrough where I'm pretty sure I kicked ass. Everyone lives. Everyone was loyal. All quests and sidequests were done. All upgrades across the boards. Romance with Tali.

After something like that I know I shouldn't replay it right away.

I don't want to "burn out" on it so it's time for me to move on and play some other things for a while.

I really was sad when I beat it because I simply didn't want it to end.

Is it a perfect game? Of course not, but it certainly pushes all my buttons as "perfectly" any game has that I can recall.

This game is something special. No question about that.

Everyone lived in your first run through huh? I had one death. But it was probably my fault for making the ending a little bit easier. Highlight spoiler section for a question....

Did you choose to send someone through the pipes or to go at it just with two teams? I chose Tali to go through the pipes to make it easier and she died when we got to the doors.

I finished in about 18 hours... did all of the loyalty quests as well as numerous misc side quests. The only way I can see myself investing 40 hours is literally probing every planet dry... Which I don't think I'd have the patience to do. I'm waiting for an eyefinity fix before my second playthrough.

I played through as a soldier as well. I contemplated using cryo rounds, but I realized adrenaline IS cryo for all practical purposes.

How did you finish in 18 hours? Easy or something? I think I'm at about 20 hours and I've been strictly doing the loyalty quests and story quests (mostly). I'm not even done with the game yet.

Answer to PuppeteerNessus:

I sent Legion in the pipes. I had Miranda in command of the second team. Tali and Garrus were with me. I made sure that I had absolutely everything done in terms of quests and upgrades and all the rest before the "get on the shuttle" and Omega relay part leading to the final act.

I didn't quote your question because that works against the Spoiler coding. ;)

Q-BZ - Really....that is almost exactly what I did except for choosing someone else for what we talked about. Interesting...I saved right before that so I might go back and make that one change and see what happens.

How did you finish in 18 hours? Easy or something? I think I'm at about 20 hours and I've been strictly doing the loyalty quests and story quests (mostly). I'm not even done with the game yet.

I played it on normal. I have two unfinished side quests in my log: some ID card and a locket that I don't know what to do with so I never bothered. There's probably more side quests through anomolies that I didn't find, oh well. I probed enough to get all the upgrades I had available to me, and spent credits on any and every upgrade I could find. I ended up with ~50-80k of each resource except ~20k element zero.

I played it on normal. I have two unfinished side quests in my log: some ID card and a locket that I don't know what to do with so I never bothered. There's probably more side quests through anomolies that I didn't find, oh well. I probed enough to get all the upgrades I had available to me, and spent credits on any and every upgrade I could find. I ended up with ~50-80k of each resource except ~20k element zero.

Seems like you plowed through it. Guess it doesn't matter though.

It took me about 38 hours on Veteran. I did all the sidequests (including anomalies though). I can see how someone could finish in <20 hours though. The higher difficulty adds quite a bit of time with how much combat there is in this game. Veteran still wasn't that hard, but I had to use cover a lot until Biotic Charge was maxed and the cooldown was reduced. Specializing in the sniper rifle also helped a lot. My vanguard could use everything but Assault Rifles and I can easily say that the sniper rifle is the best weapon. I'd even use it at close range following a charge. Nothing kills faster, especially with Garrus's group Armor Piercing Ammo.

It took me about 38 hours on Veteran. I did all the sidequests (including anomalies though). I can see how someone could finish in <20 hours though. The higher difficulty adds quite a bit of time with how much combat there is in this game. Veteran still wasn't that hard, but I had to use cover a lot until Biotic Charge was maxed and the cooldown was reduced. Specializing in the sniper rifle also helped a lot. My vanguard could use everything but Assault Rifles and I can easily say that the sniper rifle is the best weapon. I'd even use it at close range following a charge. Nothing kills faster, especially with Garrus's group Armor Piercing Ammo.

Absolutely. The sniper rifle taken to the absolute max is unbelievable in this game.

PuppeteerNessus said:
Q-BZ - Really....that is almost exactly what I did except for choosing someone else for what we talked about. Interesting...I saved right before that so I might go back and make that one change and see what happens.

Bet you it works. ;)

This is definatly in my top 10 games of all time. I want to play it again but I dont want to burn out on it. I cant wait for Mass Effect 3!

I have to say I was really disappointed in myself for switching classes. I was an infiltrator the first games and switched to sentinel I think this time because biotics were so damn sweet the first game. They are no where near as good now and damn near useless when nearly everything has shields.

I want my sniper rifle back, but don't feel like restarting. Oh well.

I beat the game last night, it took me just over 36 hours on normal, and I did every side mission in the game and visited every single planet in every system. I'm really bummed out it's over, I was having way to much fun.

At first I wasn't too sure about this sequel, because they really changed some stuff up from part one. But after playing all the way through, I have zero complaints...well except for the damn planet scanning, that was mind numbing. Definitely one of my all time favorite game, can't wait for ME3!

I have to say I was really disappointed in myself for switching classes. I was an infiltrator the first games and switched to sentinel I think this time because biotics were so damn sweet the first game. They are no where near as good now and damn near useless when nearly everything has shields.

yeah doing my second playthrough as an adept. Total letdown on the powers. My soldier totally dominated before.

Well it may be because I maxed the difficulty but I did one less difficulty on my soldier so I dont see what the big deal is.

I miss my sniper rifle :(

You get a chance to pick a extra weapon later so don't restart. You can also pick another power later on.

I thought the biotics were helpful. On the high difficulty some of the harder parts have you getting swarmed by weak enemies. Shockwave absolutely decimates them. It also helps to detonate powers. I'm not sure what particular powers cause chain reactions but I'd use Warp, Charge, and Overload all at the sametime with my Garrus/Miranda/Vanguard and it was good for a certain frequently reappearing miniboss.

Just hit that part to pickup the second weapon option last night, loving my sniper rifle.

I have to say the way you get the specialized weapon made no sense though, oh lets just pick it up from this pile? WTF I've got a whole room of weapons back on my ship.

Finished it last night. Awesome. I found the story and dialogue to be very good. So many times I found myself laughing.

I am playing through as a Vanguard and I picked up an upgrade that gave me a skill, something like "incendiary grenade" or something? Is that something everyone can get as long as you research the upgrade? I wasn't sure if I had picked it up another way and had a choice between that and something else.

I am playing through as a Vanguard and I picked up an upgrade that gave me a skill, something like "incendiary grenade" or something? Is that something everyone can get as long as you research the upgrade? I wasn't sure if I had picked it up another way and had a choice between that and something else.

You can use the special skill of anyone in your party who is loyal. The grenade is Zaeed's skill. I found any of the ones that add extra shield/armor/barrier to help the most playing on the second highest difficulty since they let you restore your shields to full instantly.

I just finished! It took me 34 hours on one difficulty up from normal. I did all, but 2 side quests. Amazing game, but I wish it was longer. :( The .50 cal sniper rifle was absolute ownage.

I just finished! It took me 34 hours on one difficulty up from normal. I did all, but 2 side quests. Amazing game, but I wish it was longer. :( The .50 cal sniper rifle was absolute ownage.

Hah, I get into the dialogue so much that it actually took my 68 hours to complete the game. I did absolutely everything including scanning every planet

Back