computer-model200x200.gif

Product Specifications (RSC-14)
Year 1985
Introductory Price $999.00
Catalog Number 26-3860
Microprocessor 8-Bit 80C85 CMOS
Clock Speed 2.4 MHz
Memory 72K ROM, expandable to 104K; 24K RAM expandable to 72K
Keyboard Full-size 56-key typewriter style with embedded data pad, plus 8 programmable function keys, 4 command keys and 4 cursor control keys.
Display 16 x 40 Liquid Crystal Display, upper and lower case ASCII Characters, 240 x 128 dot-matrix graphics.
Modem Built-in 300-baud direct-connect modem, with auto-dialer. FCC-registered. Originate and answer modes.
Input/Output Parallel printer interface. RS-232C serial communications interface programmable up to 19,200 baud. Cassette tape interface loads at 1500 baud. Standard bar-code reader interface.
Dimensions 2-3/16 x 11-3/4 x 8-1/2"
Weight 4.5 Lbs
Power Supply Operations - Up to 16 hours on 4 "AA" alkaline batteries, and can use nickel-cadfmium rechargeable batteries with minor additional-cost modification. Optional U.L. listed AC/DC charger adapter available. Memory - Internal rechargeable nickel-cadmium batteries will maintain memory for up to 15 days with power off (depending on the amount of RAM installed).

Power Supply Operations - Up to 16 hours on 4 "AA" alkaline batteries,

Ya know what, my little boom box isn't even that efficient, lol

Nice find there

Holy crap that's a long battery life. Well, to be fair it probably does nothing.

Cool find, but I have no idea as to its value.

I've got no idea what it'd be worth...

I have a Toshiba T1100 Plus, which actually has a rechargeable battery, and would actually get over 6 hours a charge just a few years ago (havn't tried lately). Its over 20 years old now, runs DOS 2.11 and has dual low-density 3.5" floppies. 640kb of RAM screaming on a 6mhz 8086.....

I peered on ebay to see if it had a value recently with negative results - only recent sales were for borked ones or power adapters....

Did you try completed auctions, OP?

The battery died at some point, and lost internal memory. You'll need to find the original media to reload it. At which point it should boot fine.

Back