Just from E3!!!!

are you kidding me? FFX13 on XBOX 360?

*throws away PS3 and rebuys XBOX*

Man, if that's true, talk about a slap in the face for Sony. That's gotta hurt...

they also laughed when asked how many discs it would have to be spread across...

lol, i don't mind if it has 20 discs, just make it awesome

they also laughed when asked how many discs it would have to be spread across...

lol, i don't mind if it has 20 discs, just make it awesome

It has also been announced that game installs will be part of the new revamped Xbox 360 dashboard. So at least if you have a large hard drive, or free space on the old 20 gig drive, you might not have to swap disks in the middle of play... or at least that's the hope. I guess we'll see.

http://kotaku.com/5025033/liveblogging-square-enix-press-conference

"kitase says they're currently running it on a pc, so they don't know the work load of getting it on the 360. they are putting priority on the PC version."

Looks like SE decided to go full house here

I have a feeling the PC part was a typo by the blogger and he meant to say PS3, considering the game hasn't been announced for PC(AFAIK). It would be awesome if it was coming to all three platforms though.

Not that I have a PS3 or Xbox360, but I'd be happy to get some real gameplay from a FF game. I bought 9? 10? one of them several years ago. I spent 6 hours playing and only played 20 minutes. The rest was cut scenes I swear.

Final Fantasy versus XIII is still PS3. Final Fantasy has always been PS. I hope everyone that buys it for the 360 enjoys there lower graphics quality

Final Fantasy versus XIII is still PS3. Final Fantasy has always been PS. I hope everyone that buys it for the 360 enjoys there lower graphics quality

FF has not always been PS.

Are you forgetting arguably the best FF game - FF3/FF6 for SNES? Let alone where it all began, FF1 for NES. That had an absurd amount of content for an NES game.

FF has not always been PS.

Are you forgetting arguably the best FF game - FF3/FF6 for SNES? Let alone where it all began, FF1 for NES. That had an absurd amount of content for an NES game.

those were great games. it was a smart move for them to switch over to PS though, ff7 wouldn't have even existed if they didn't.

they originally switched over because they needed a new system to handle their content and sony was on top of the ball then. i'm sure after they they got wrapped up with sony (some legal contract things going on there) to being exclusive. i'm glad they started to stretch out again.

question is... will they ever go back to nintendo?

Forgetting Crystal Chronicles and the FF remakes on DS, are we?

yes... i am, lol.

i only ever played the core FF games so that's what's in my mind when i talk about final fantasy. i didn't even know they had remakes on DS.

so to re-ask my question:

will the core FF games ever return to nintendo? is it a matter of processing? (i don't know much about the current consoles out)

those were great games. it was a smart move for them to switch over to PS though, ff7 wouldn't have even existed if they didn't.

they originally switched over because they needed a new system to handle their content and sony was on top of the ball then. i'm sure after they they got wrapped up with sony (some legal contract things going on there) to being exclusive. i'm glad they started to stretch out again.

question is... will they ever go back to nintendo?

Only reason they went to Sony was because they needed the space of CD-ROM.

Only reason they went to Sony was because they needed the space of CD-ROM.

That was certainly a huge need, but ps1 was far and away the platform to develop for for a variety of reasons. Nintendo treated third parties like dirt for a long time and they're still recovering.

I have a feeling the PC part was a typo by the blogger and he meant to say PS3, considering the game hasn't been announced for PC(AFAIK). It would be awesome if it was coming to all three platforms though.

Either that or the fact that its being created on a developement PC.

I would love to see it on PC though.

they said that it will be released for 360 and ps3 at the same time. so if it comes out in 2010 for 360, it comes out in 2010 for everyone (except europe).
Nope. It's not going to be a simultaneous release.

Square-Enix is starting work on the 360 version after they finish the PS3 version.

Nope. It's not going to be a simultaneous release.

Square-Enix is starting work on the 360 version after they finish the PS3 version.

ok i went back and reread this:

2:02
first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.
2:03
at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development.
2:03
so says hashimoto.

so localization for english and the move over to 360 will start at the same time, i guess? meaning ps3 version (english) will most likely be done before the 360 adaption?

anyone know estimated times for how long each of these processes take?

Either that or the fact that its being created on a developement PC.

I would love to see it on PC though.

I meant the second mention of PC actually, where it says they're putting priority on the "PC" version. It would make sense that they're running it on a dev PC, but the game isn't actually coming out for PC.

ok i went back and reread this:

so localization for english and the move over to 360 will start at the same time, i guess? meaning ps3 version (english) will most likely be done before the 360 adaption?

anyone know estimated times for how long each of these processes take?

Well, localization means translation of text and English voice acting, this process typically takes a couple months. Then the move to 360 shouldn't take long, since the engine which FF13 uses, "Crystal Tools", was developed as a cross-platform engine, meant to port easily to all current platforms (PS3, 360, Wii, PC)

Not entirely true. A lot of games have looked better on the 360 than on the ps3 when they were compared. I for one don't really care either way.

Back