Just got a iPhone

pwrusr

2[H]4U
Not really my choice since it's a work phone, I'm liking it a little more then I thought I would. I still have a Samsung GNex for my personal phone though. So this should be interesting after a few weeks of using the iphone... That update will come later.

what are some must have apps?

and a better question is why isn't apple sending me a password reset for my itunes password? asked for it to be sent to my e-mail a few times now and still no answer :confused:

Not really my choice since it's a work phone, I'm liking it a little more then I thought I would. I still have a Samsung GNex for my personal phone though. So this should be interesting after a few weeks of using the iphone... That update will come later.

and a better question is why isn't apple sending me a password reset for my itunes password? asked for it to be sent to my e-mail a few times now and still no answer :confused:

I know Apple had a social engineering fiasco a few weeks ago and they basically put some road blocks on password resets. I'm not sure if that is what the problem in your case is but you could always call to see.

As far as apps if you are on iOS 6 then Youtube, even though it sucks more than the integrated Youtube from before in my opinion. Your local news channels may have apps in your area; I have mine so I can get push notifactions for breaking news usually major traffic wrecks and weather. Also Newegg, Amazon, Steam and eBay get a lot of use from me through their Apps.

I kinda figured that may be an issue with the passwords. I'll give 'em a ring soon and see what they can do for me.

Still on iOS 5 for the moment... Thanks for the app tips :cool:

I know Apple had a social engineering fiasco a few weeks ago and they basically put some road blocks on password resets. I'm not sure if that is what the problem in your case is but you could always call to see.

They halted password resets over the phone. You can still reset your password online.

I kinda figured that may be an issue with the passwords. I'll give 'em a ring soon and see what they can do for me.

They won't reset your password over the phone due to the aforementioned Mat Honan affair.

Check your email account's spam filter (and/or bulk mail folder, if it's Gmail).

Tweetbot, Evernote, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, 1Password, Instapaper, Chrono Trigger, TuneIn Radio, and Fandango. Honorable mentions go to Amazon, eBay, YouTube, Tapatalk, iTunes Trailers, The Verge, and Words With Friends.

Last edited:
They halted password resets over the phone. You can still reset your password online.

They won't reset your password over the phone due to the aforementioned Mat Honan affair.

Check your email account's spam filter (and/or bulk mail folder, if it's Gmail).

Tweetbot, Evernote, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, 1Password, Instapaper, Chrono Trigger, TuneIn Radio, and Fandango. Honorable mentions go to Amazon, eBay, YouTube, Tapatalk, iTunes Trailers, The Verge, and Words With Friends.
From what I can tell (even checking the spam filter) I haven't been able to get any e-mails from them so far. I'll give it another shot tonight and see if I can get it reset...

Thanks for the recommendations! :cool:

I've had an iPhone 3G way back then and then I got a SGS4G. I eventually got the SGSII but now it's been giving me problems and it dies too fast so I just bought a 4S to get rid of this phone. I'm excited because I haven't had an iPhone for a while and you really do miss its stability. Given the fact that most apps I use are in iOS anyway, I'm quite excited with the transition.

Unfortunately I cannot recommend you anything because the apps I use are on Android too which you may already be familiar with.

Last edited:
I've had an iPhone 3G way back then and then I got a SGS4G. I eventually got the SGSII but now it's been giving me problems and it dies too fast so I just bought a 4S to get rid of this phone. I'm excited because I haven't had an iPhone for a while and you really do miss its stability. Given the fact that most apps I use are in iOS anyway, I'm quite excited with the transition.

Unfortunately I cannot recommend you anything because the apps I use are on Android too which you may already be familiar with.
I have a Samsung GNex on T-Mobile's $30/mo pre-pay plan for my personal phone. I get a good days battery life out of it if I use it a lot. That said the iPhone 4s that I have has some outstanding battery life. I do miss some of the customizable features of android but overall I'm very impressed.

Indeed, I think alot of the apps are.

I have a Samsung GNex on T-Mobile's $30/mo pre-pay plan for my personal phone. I get a good days battery life out of it if I use it a lot. That said the iPhone 4s that I have has some outstanding battery life. I do miss some of the customizable features of android but overall I'm very impressed.

Indeed, I think alot of the apps are.

i love my g nex

Everybody else is posting great responses so I am just going to say Temple Run :p

Probably the apps I use the most.

Logmein
mSecure (random password generator/manager)
HotSpot Shield VPN
Dropbox
Flipboard
Netflix

For Games, I highly recommend Fieldrunners2, Infinity Blade 2, Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs Zombies and any of the final fantasy games.

Still on iOS 5 for the moment

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/tagged/redsn0w

Get the most out of it. You wont be disappointed if you like tinkering.

Everybody else is posting great responses so I am just going to say Temple Run :p
hahaha I really need o check that one out

Probably the apps I use the most.

Logmein
mSecure (random password generator/manager)
HotSpot Shield VPN
Dropbox
Flipboard
Netflix

For Games, I highly recommend Fieldrunners2, Infinity Blade 2, Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs Zombies and any of the final fantasy games.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/tagged/redsn0w

Get the most out of it. You wont be disappointed if you like tinkering.
Nice list of apps! Thanks, I'll check them out

As much as I like to tinker I have to remember this is not my phone (company phone) so I will not jailbreak it. I'm likely going to upgrade to ios6 in a couple days :)

Last edited:
audible, kindle, navigon, gas cubby, iPhoto, snapseed, Diptic, ProHDR, zillow, Ustream, Medscape, IMDb, Spotify, Pandora, UPS, Speed Test, iHeartRadio, Amazon Cloud Player, Google +, System Status, Photo Transfer App, iA Writer, Podcasts, Jasimne (for youtube), Camera Awesome.

Tired now.

Facebook, Youtube, Netflix, eBay, Amazon, Dropbox, MLB at Bat, Pandora, Podcasts, SiriusXM, SkyDrive, Wapedia, and BFads (love Black Friday!)....just a list of some of my favorites.

Back