Just got a new PSU. Voltages?

Devnull

[H]F Junkie
PCP&C Silencer 610W. $150 from local Fry's(most of the units were open box or had been ripped open in store for some reason). Also seeing the made in China sticker was pretty disappointing, I remember when these used to be made in the USA.

Anyways I just got it home and home and powered the unit on via paperclip. I hooked up a few fans and the voltage is reading 11.89 on the 12v rail and 4.92 on the 5v. Seems a little low for a new unit that is not even under load. Any other time I bought a good name PSU the voltages were not at all low out of the box. What do you guys think? I'm going to leave it running for an hour or so and make sure it doesn't go up in flames.

Hopefully this will be better than my Enermax that got a leaking cap and took out my hd. :eek:

Also seeing the made in China sticker was pretty disappointing, I remember when these used to be made in the USA.

99% of PSU's are made in China and PCP&C were never made in USA.

Anyways I just got it home and home and powered the unit on via paperclip. I hooked up a few fans and the voltage is reading 11.89 on the 12v rail and 4.92 on the 5v. Seems a little low for a new unit that is not even under load. Any other time I bought a good name PSU the voltages were not at all low out of the box. What do you guys think? I'm going to leave it running for an hour or so and make sure it doesn't go up in flames.

It's a switch-mode power supply and you have no load on the unit, what do you expect? Good night.

I think it is within the specifications it was designed to be within.

Back