Just got back my X800XT/PE from Viper John

You do realize that you could have used a #2 pencil and a cheap $30 ATI Silencer and gotten maybe 2% less of an overclock then what he did for your card for hundreds of dollars? Heck thats what I did, cost me $30 bux plus 3 cents for a pencil to get 660/635 and thats on a pro, not an XT PE.

Gavinni said:
You do realize that you could have used a #2 pencil and a cheap $30 ATI Silencer and gotten maybe 2% less of an overclock then what he did for your card for hundreds of dollars? Heck thats what I did, cost me $30 bux plus 3 cents for a pencil to get 660/635 and thats on a pro, not an XT PE.

Maybe except OCing is YMMV. Without this he may not have gotten anything out of that card. But we will never know so......

Gavinni said:
lol, you can't compare the OC of a 12pipe Pro to a 16pipe xt or xtpe, high clocks are alot harder to reach with 16 pipes, and you can't compare using a pencil to a real vmod, not a very good way to vmod imho, definitely not for 24/7 use, i spent about $10 on pots and supplies to fully Vmod my card but not everyone knows how to solder, and i really doubt that i could have gotten 98% of my OC with just a pencil, kinda hard to control the voltage with a pencil much....'WTF happened to my OC!!!!......oh, the graphite blew off'........ ROFL

Actually I know how to solder very well, why solder something when graphite can carry that same current just as well? Anything under 1.65v is fine with graphite and all you have to do is tape it with electrical tape to avoid it from wearing off. And there's no way I could go above 1.65v on this crappy silencer. And it is a heck of a lot easier to get a high core clock on an XT PE then a Pro. The XT PE's use the better yield of cores.

Well, mobo is in rma and MACH II wont be here untill next week. SO it will be a bit...sucks having it jsut sit here on my desk...ugh

I searched for this thread left and right anf finally found it.
I didnt want to make a new thread so I will just ask this question here.
What are you getting frame wise in games?
Give us some benches man.

Back