Just got my E6600 Retail from Fedex 5 hours ago!!!

Brahmzy

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all,

It's here, it's up and running and I'm about to OC it, haha!

Hey BTW, OCZ DDR2 EL Platinum PC6400 WILL NOT POST on the DS3.

I had to run to CompUSA and grab an el cheapo stick of DDR2, install it, get into BIOS, set VDIMM to +.2V, save and exit and swap the RAM out.

After that, it worked great. I'll post my OC results when I'm done. :)

e6600sxq4.jpg

Hey this looks exactly like a post at XS! ;)

Congrats man, too bad about the memory. I have the DDR2 PC 8000 EL from OCZ, worked fine on my P5W DH.

In all the DFI boards I've owned, I've had to increase the voltage on the memory, otherwise, the system would crash during a Windows install. Fairly common problem.

And, not sure why.

Not surprised he had to raise the mem voltage for a little stability

:eek: :eek: :eek: so jeleous

uhhh can't wait any more longer...

damn 7th-8th move your ass faster!

Since I refuse to go and buy another stick of ram, it looks like I'll have to keep my eyes out for another motherboard now. Stupid Gigabyte...

What RAM did you pick up? I grabbed some PNY 256MB 533 (double checked it was 1.8v when I got home) and I'm still not able to boot... :(

Sc0ttFern said:
How did you know the RAM voltage was too low?
xtreme systems intel forum has all the scoop on this and more you should check it out if you are interested. there seems to be several issues with the DS3 board that everyone should know!

nice. where did you order it from btw?
good luck with the oc

So far the OCing isn't going too well...

I'm working through some issues with the xsystems guys...

Brahmzy said:
So far the OCing isn't going too well...

I'm working through some issues with the xsystems guys...

Please post your info in the Conroe OC database located at the top of the Intel section. You
can post more than result as well. It helps to show what differences in Voltage, BIOS and
other stuff can make.

Well, I got her up to 3.2GHz rock solid. There's plenty left to go...just need to tweak the BIOS some more...

Absolutely LOVING this E6600! I'm doin' Super Pi in 15 seconds! F.E.A.R. is friggin' AWESOME with this thing.

Brahmzy said:
Well, I got her up to 3.2GHz rock solid. There's plenty left to go...just need to tweak the BIOS some more...

Absolutely LOVING this E6600! I'm doin' Super Pi in 15 seconds! F.E.A.R. is friggin' AWESOME with this thing.

w00tsauce!!!!

Screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!

Brahmzy said:

Just curious where did you buy it? :confused:

Just got mine but waiting for the mobo to come out which is going to be a 590sli mobo
Also bought ram which is SuperTalant and need to find aboard which can take this super memory.

Jasonx82 said:
Just curious where did you buy it? :confused:
He got it from mwave, I have the same CPU with the same #s, I also got mine from mwave, I was a little worried for a while, but all I can now is w00t and hurry up DFI .

I'm at 3.3GHz 367x9 rock solid right now....It's taking 1.5VCore to do it. The E6600's are defintely a strange breed compared to the E6300/E6400's - they take a lot more work. All of the screenshots and info/threads are @ xtremesystems.org forums. If you own or will own a Conroe, you SERIOUSLY need to hang out there. I've learned so much in the last 2 days over there. I'll try for 3.4GHz tomorrow.

Brahmzy said:
I'm at 3.3GHz 367x9 rock solid right now....It's taking 1.5VCore to do it. The E6600's are defintely a strange breed compared to the E6300/E6400's - they take a lot more work. All of the screenshots and info/threads are @ xtremesystems.org forums. If you own or will own a Conroe, you SERIOUSLY need to hang out there. I've learned so much in the last 2 days over there. I'll try for 3.4GHz tomorrow.

Agreed there are some very very knowledgeable people over there.

Brahmzy said:

QFT!

they always have the latest BIOS for all the boards and just post benchies fast... and i mean FAST

Back