Just install the Openal Audigy 2 beta driver

Da Frechman

Limp Gawd
Don't like it at all and I lost my creative control panel... Any way to completely uninstall it. There's nothing in the control panel and rollback isn't working

Edit: I think I'll just do a clean format, I should have known better (creative).

I wrote to CL a bit back when I was about to upgrade to my X-FI on how to remove it.
----question------
I picked up an X-Fi FPS today and want to make sure I get the old OpenAL files and A2 software completely gone before I try to install the new card. Is it as simple as just deleting the 2 files mentioned on the DL page "Installs OpenAL32.dll version 6.14.357.8 and wrap_oal.dll version 1.1.3.0." or iis
there more to it?

Sincer Thx

Here's what I was told:
-----Answer-------
Sorry for the delay, needed to ask to be sure.
I was told this.,...
================
Yep -- delete the two files mentioned from the system directory -- openal32.dll and wrap_oal.dll.
================

So.... In short, an OpenAL program tries to open those files, if they do not exist, then OpenAL
is assumed not to be installed.

BUT... Be aware, that if the files exist in the standard Search Path, then they will also be found.

That is... see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...arch_path_used_by_windows_to_locate_a_dll.asp

It states:
=======================
With both implicit and explicit linking, Windows first searches the set of pre-installed DLLs such
as the performance library (KERNEL32.DLL) and the security library (USER32.DLL). Windows then
searches for the DLLs in the following sequence:

The directory where the executable module for the current process is located.
The current directory.
The Windows system directory. The GetSystemDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
The Windows directory. The GetWindowsDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
The directories listed in the PATH environment variable.
Note The LIBPATH environment variable is not used.
=======================
Regards,
Phillip Williams
Creative Labs
Developer Support

Too late, I got a clean system (it's been a little over 2 years anyways).

Thanks for the info, I'll probably try it again in six months.

Back