Just installed Windows 10, where do games install from the Microsoft Store?

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Guys I only have about 24 gig free on my windows SSD drive after installing windows 10, I want to purchase Gears Of War from the Microsoft Store but I cant find out how to specify where this game will download and install. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!!!!

Should be able to pull up the Settings App >system>storage. There will be an option to change the save location for app's.

Guys I only have about 24 gig free on my windows SSD drive after installing windows 10, I want to purchase Gears Of War from the Microsoft Store but I cant find out how to specify where this game will download and install. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!!!!

delete your old windows installation files if you upgraded?
Exactly. To save space start with deleting your old Windows installation files but running Disk Cleanup and select "Clean up system files" then clearing everything.

Second thing you can do is to compact your Windows 10 binaries (which is only recommended on SSD) by running the following at elevated cmd prompt: compact /compactos:always

Lastly, set a custom min/max page file size by setting minimal to 800MB and maximum to what the "system managed' size recommendation is. This way the page file stays tiny unless you need it.

These three steps will save you quite a bit of room on the SSD.

Thanks guys!!!! All your tips helped, I'm loving Windows 10 and pleasantly surprised so far.

Back