Just ordered a Corsair 750TX

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
Welp, after hearing so many people complain at me for running my rig on a Seasonic made Corsair 450VX, I took the plunge and grabbed a 750TX from ProVantage.com. It was really hard to resist being only 90 bucks after rebate and all (wish I had gotten in on the $70 deal a week ago!).

<EDIT>

It got here, so time for eye candy! Here are some unboxing shots, I'll add pics of it in my rig as soon as I have a chance to swap out PSUs. (using a Corsair 450VX at the moment)

Only thing I'm nervous about is the fact that it's a CWT build... my experience with CWT and Antec PSUs in the past has been less than happy. But then again that's because Antec chooses to use bottom of the barrel electrolytic caps.

I wrestled between the 650TX (Seasonic) and the 750TX (CWT) but the 750 ended up winning out being only like $10 more. I am somewhat comforted knowing that Corsair beefs up these units with high quality japanese caps, so hopefully I won't see premature death like I saw with so many CWT Antecs in the past.

....although now that I think about it it's hard to complain about all the free dead Antecs I've gotten and recapped. ;)

So who else is diggin' their 750TX? Hows that 140mm fan? I do hear things about the 750TX being a bit louder than Corsair's other offerings...

Been a great PS for me, had a few months now, got the $99 Buy.com deal. Can't say I notice it being loud? Seems well built, got good reviews, plenty of connectors. Not impressed with modular builds anyway, I like a good solid soldered connection on the cables. You should be very pleased with it.

Not impressed with modular builds anyway, I like a good solid soldered connection on the cables. You should be very pleased with it.

Wow, I thought I was the only one... I too am put off by modular PSUs. To me that modular connection just adds one more potential point of failure and also adds resistance to the line. (however little it may be in practice)

Just another thing the PSU manufacturers can charge extra for IMO. :)

I ordered one from Provantage this week as well. Usually order from Newegg cause I get it over nite. But the price with Provantage was so much less. With shipping came to $115.00 and has a $25.00 rebate (which I hate) so I figure this would be a good deal for me. Should be here next monday or tuesday.

It should be here tomorrow morning, I'll be sure and take lots of pictures because I know there are some of you out there that like the eye candy as much as I do. :)

My new 750TX arrived here via Fedex this morning, with a big smooshed spot in the corner of the shipping box I might add. Provantage simply crumpled up some brown paper and tossed it in the shipping box along with the PSU, definitely not traveling in style.

The PSU seems ok though upon visual inspection and the 'shake test'.

I added some unboxing pictures to the original post in this thread, check 'em out. :)

Looking good!

Please tell us if it's too loud or anything.

How long is that 8 pin wire? I have a Rocketfish case and the power supply is in the bottom and hope that it is long enough to reach comfortably. I currently have my 4 pin stretched to the limit and am hoping this cable is longer that 20".

TIA

:)

How long is that 8 pin wire? I have a Rocketfish case and the power supply is in the bottom and hope that it is long enough to reach comfortably. I currently have my 4 pin stretched to the limit and am hoping this cable is longer that 20".

TIA

:)

According to the [H]ardOCP review the main ATX and the EPS12V connections stretch out to around 21" in length. :)

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQwMywzLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

1192289103bCO7rFRIQX_3_7_l.jpg

(image linked from the [H]ardOCP review of the 750TX)

Welp, after hearing so many people complain at me for running my rig on a Seasonic made Corsair 450VX, I took the plunge and grabbed a 750TX from ProVantage.com. It was really hard to resist being only 90 bucks after rebate and all (wish I had gotten in on the $70 deal a week ago!).

Whoa...thanks for the heads up on that deal man! :eek:
I have this on my 'to buy' list for my (future) Rocketfish water Q6600 build, hell I'll be buying one of these ASAP with this deal!

Only thing I'm nervous about is the fact that it's a CWT build...

VX550 is Channel Well (CWT) as well and I love mine, and I know a lot of other people love theirs too. The review on Jonnyguru even showed it to be a solid unit as well. HAVE FAITH. :cool:

I can't wait to receive mine on Monday from Provantage. I got in on the last day of the rebate that ended on April 30th.

After shipping and MIR, I bought this for $71.00!:eek:

Thanks for input Blue Falcon. You answered several questions I was having...

-Jester

Believe it or not I STILL haven't gotten the chance to swap this into my rig yet. Bloody home improvement projects are taking up all my time... :(

I need to find a buyer for my 450VX too, although I'm tempted to keep it for a future project since it's been such an awesome little PSU. :p

I know this thread is a lil old but I wanted to let you all know that provantage has 750tx listed for $98 but when you go to buy it it is still $70 :D

p.s. I just rechecked and now the page shows $70 too... get em while you can! I did :)

63 left

I know this thread is a lil old but I wanted to let you all know that provantage has 750tx listed for $98 but when you go to buy it it is still $70 :D

p.s. I just rechecked and now the page shows $70 too... get em while you can! I did :)

63 left

Doesn't show up $70 for me.. I just bought it for $99 last week! Damn!

Even though you have already bought the TX750, which is a great power supply, it still leaves me wondering, why did you buy it in the first place? You don't actually need it, the VX450 is sufficient.

Doesn't show up $70 for me.. I just bought it for $99 last week! Damn!

yeah it is back up to 98.61 again.

Anyway I got it in the mail yesterday( normal shipping and I got it in one day :)) so I'm happy! I'm guessing they messed up cause it was like 99ish but when I added it to my cart it was 70 then showing 70 on the page later on in the day. Guess I got lucky :)

I just got my 750TX and this PSU is a thing of beauty. I used to have Hiper psu and it was nice looking, but the all black features of this 750TX is great. From the fan, to the braiding, grill, everything.....and the 140mm makes it super quiet. I am very pleased. And oh yeah 60 amps on the 12V rail...yeah that's impressive.

Hi,

another up for the TX750. It is really is a nice home run. I have never used a PSU that was built this well. The voltage is nice and steady. It has alot of room for growth as well. This is one of those PSUs that will be around for awhile. It was a very wise purchasing decision.

i do hate the big mess of cables but luckily im using a v1000 case to hide them all in the bottom lol.

i definately dont regret buying it its a great psu

Nice, too bad it wasnt modular. If it was, you'll have better cable management.

750 watts is really overkill for your system. As long as connectors don't change, it should last you a good while, though.

I was looking at getting the corsair TX750 or PC Power & Cooling 750w (both $119 after rebate). How do these compare? I clicked on the rebate link for the PC Power & Cooling and it took me to an OCZ rebate form.

Can you compare the noise level under low, medium and heavy loads to a Seasonic or other comparably quiet PSUs?

can you compare to a comparable psu hehehe.. its louder than most.. 70$ sounds good 99$ id rather go for something modular.. with big ass case you can stuff the extras somewhere but if you want anything smaller than full size modular is so much better to bad ultra has killed modular psu's for a while )(*#&%

I was looking at getting the corsair TX750 or PC Power & Cooling 750w (both $119 after rebate). How do these compare? I clicked on the rebate link for the PC Power & Cooling and it took me to an OCZ rebate form.

OCZ is now the parent company of PC Power & Cooling - they bought the company last year.

Can you compare the noise level under low, medium and heavy loads to a Seasonic or other comparably quiet PSUs?

The PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 is actually quite loud under moderate to heavy loads due to it's single 80mm fan.

The Corsair 750TX uses a very large 140mm fan which operates at a lower speed while providing better airflow. It's much quieter than the Silencer 750.

Back