Just ordered an AC A64 Freezer, AC NV 5 and AS 5..

Rishy

Gawd
So just ordered all three....should be with me by the end of the week...

Anyone had any experience installing them ? Any trouble ?

I know the stock HSF for my 7800GT is fine....but it is pretty noisy...and with the arrival of my P180 soon, i want a quiet as possible casing with as cool as possible components :D

Will update here with a worklog maybe of installing both..

Any tips are appreciated..

The Freezer64 Pro should be very easy to install, just drop it in. The NV5 should be pretty good also.

cool...

was thinking about the ninja, then i thought just better go with the 64 first and see how it goes :p

Rishy said:
cool...

was thinking about the ninja, then i thought just better go with the 64 first and see how it goes :p

The Ninja might have been smarter. You could have a Nexus/Yate Loon running at <1000rpm and it would still be fine.

i just recently got the freezer 64 pro and its keeping my opty 170 pretty cool at 2.6(40 idle ~48-50 load) and with that pop in installation i think its a good heatsink.

i got someone who would want to buy my freezer already....so, id just have to top up a bit to get the ninja later on...

both are good coolers, but for the price nowadays you should go for the Ninja and get a quiet fan like a nexus or yateloon. Scythe has these new fans out (not the s-flex but DF series) and they are sound pretty good for the price, but i never heard this fan so i cant say if the specs are true. If the Sflex is any indication, i think these cheaper DF fans might be pretty good and the specs should be close to what they say.

Back