Just ordered Asus X99 on Newegg!!

silverstonec2d

Limp Gawd
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, been clicking the refresh button all morning and it just popped up a few minutes ago. I went with X99-Deluxe @ $398.99. I was looking at the Rampage V, but besides being $500, to me it has a bunch of extra features I would probably never use(OC Panel, ect). Also there are a few other boards + processors for sale as well.

Last edited:
BROTHER!

I bought one too! Along with 16gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum and a 5820K

Haha, nice :D I also went with the 5820K this time around vs the 5930K that I originally planned. I do like having a dual gpu setup, but prefer it on a single card vs 2 physical cards so I really don't need the extra PCI-E lanes. Also thinking about adding a RevoDrive 350 or one of those new Intel DC P3500 NVMe PCIe drives. 28 Lanes is still plenty for this. Still undecided on ram though. I've been eyeing that 16GB Dominator Platinum 2800 myself, but also considering the G.Skill 3000 16GB kit and the 32GB G.Skill 2666 Kit. Have to read some reviews I guess, hehe.

Got the x99 Deluxe myself, too. First choice was the WS, but newegg didn't have it listed, the Rampage V looked good but I wanted dual LANs. Also went with the 5960, going to overclock it with the CM Nepton 280L I got for it, in a Corsair 730T. Went with ho hum Crucial 4x4GBs 2133, I never got into OCing RAM and I had to be cheap after splurging on the CPU. Crossing my fingers for a good first POST.

Any of you guys got your systems up and running yet? I have my 5820k sitting on the desk but started having second thoughts about it, can you post your oc results? Can't seem to find them anywhere yet.

assuming you fine gentlemen will be using this primarily other than gaming, its such a disappointment to see an average of 2-3 fps increase in almost ANY game compared to the z97 platform. hell probably compare to the platform before that aswell! i will never hate on new oozing purchases nonetheless. grats guys

Last edited:
I'd love to sell my z97 system but I feel like 4.8 @ 1.25v is pretty good for 4790k. Given this architecture and my experience with the Pentium/i5, I would probably lose some speed going with the 6 core 5820k, even though I would like what x99 offers and not having to de-lid my chip again (even though it's fun! ;)) due to actual solder. Hope you guys have fun with it, I'll probably be with this Gene VII till it dies.

I'd love to sell my z97 system but I feel like 4.8 @ 1.25v is pretty good for 4790k...

I highly doubt that even 6-core -E is going to come close to that (24/7 usage). I would keep that 4790k until it turns to dust :D

Yeah, I went with the X99-Deluxe as well. I paired it with a Corsair H55 AIO cooler. I won't be overclocking, so I think that cooler will be OK.

Still waiting for some more mobo reviews here, particularly from Kyle.

Probably going RVE, 5930K, and a custom water loop (my first, kinda scared). I have no idea on RAM at this point, details are scarce on what Haswell-E likes, latency, frequency, neither, both? I have heard a rumour that the gSkill sticks (with Hynix chips) were good overclockers, but haven't seen it backed up yet.

Anyone interested in this board and a 5820k both brand new for the micro center combo price, pm me :)

First of all, gratz on the beast mode machine. I'm interested in your offer though FRZ. I either don't know how to pm or can't yet. Just joined.

Back