Just Ordered my new eVGA 7900 GTX 512, Overnight Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed myself a pair of them... I'm all excited.

I'm waiting for a review, 7900gtx or ati x1900xtx i'll be getting, all depends upon what the reviews say.

Wow ... 1 pair per order .... ???? So, I guess the whole "SLI" thing Nvidia is pushing with their products not to mention, Newegg being Nvidia's "Launch Partner" is ..... out the window ? hahhaa

That would suck if it was strictly enforced ... if true.

Place 2 different orders I guess?

Well, I've thought about it and I am going to stick with my 7900 GTX order for one simple reason.

IF I wanted to add a 2nd card, another 7900 GTX to my system ... I could. If I went with the ATI 1900 XTX just because it was a few frames faster... I would be phucked. Why? Can't add a 2nd 1900 XTX.

Another reason is price. If these cards are STARTING out at $499 in the retail channel ( I just changed my order to the $499 PNY as all the cards are 1000% the same ) Then, that means I can almost for sure add a 2nd card in a few months for $400 dollars if not less.

sixfoot you have the exact case I want, that lian li v1000b, how is that working out for you in terms of heat, and have you modded it in anyway in terms of cooling? I hope not as if I buy one I don't wanna be modding in anyway, simply because I can't.

It's fricken sweet seeing these babies in stock and ready to go...can't wait to see what they can do, as all of the leaked scores up until now have been horribly done and not very descriptive.

Its a great case, but with that said, they make another model that is slightly longer, not wider but longer, like from front to back longer. the 1200b ? Not exactly sure of the model name. Get that one instead. Much more room to work and about the same price. Awesome case tho.

digitalfreak said:
Where did you order a pair from? Newegg only allows 1 per order.

order 1, wait 15 mins and order second one.

I don't see how their order limit makes sense when you can buy one of each brand anyways.... they should at least allow people to make pair orders.

I ordered two here a few hours ago. The eVGA Superclock, I plan on using them in my new SFF system.

For the same money it looks like 2 7900GTs are faster than 1 7900gtx. I'd go for the 7900GT's.

Scott

Diseaseboy said:
For the same money it looks like 2 7900GTs are faster than 1 7900gtx. I'd go for the 7900GT's.

Scott

Yes, two 7900GT's would be faster...but I'd "cheap out" now with one 7900GTX and have the option for THAT sli setup down the road then have to ditch both cards I already had later on.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yes, two 7900GT's would be faster...but I'd "cheap out" now with one 7900GTX and have the option for THAT sli setup down the road then have to ditch both cards I already had later on.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking as I dont want to buy a new PSU right now too.

Ok, I finally kicked the X1900XT to the side as an upgrade andI\'m about to order a 7900GTX. Does brand really matter? Some of these cards are $30+ more and the only difference I see is the color of the fan guard. Ideas?

Well the fastest is the XFX XXX 7900GTX I believe but I have not seen it in stock anywhere, outside of that the eVGA Superclock is the fastest and some places have it in stock.

I just got in with the BFG 7900 GTX OC.

I got it instead of the PNY because of the warrenty I know BFG has - I don't know what PNY's warrenty is and the Newegg listing didn't show it. :(

And I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering a second Card.

I only have a 19" CRT (Trinatron) and going SLI wouldn't really help me right now.

I guess I'll just save up for the next Dell 2405/7 sale - then I'll go SLI.

monarch has them

they were 630 this morning, then 598, and now 659
wish they would make up their minds!

I got in on it at 598

jhego said:
Its been sold out ever since it came out.

They apparently have some at Monarch Computers. I'm about to buy the XFX Extreme 2 which apparently is clocked at 678/1700 and it $549. I'm thinking the price will jump up. :D

Unless this is a huge typo... and it's not. My wallet hates me...

v6maro said:
monarch has them

they were 630 this morning, then 598, and now 659
wish they would make up their minds!

I got in on it at 598
No shit, monarch are just taking the fcuking piss. And it says shipping may be 4-6 days? Fcuk that, I need an evga superclock shipped overnight today, and nowhere has them. Newegg had them at the crack of dawn, but I didn't pull the trigger till the reviews came out. The reviews came out, I made up my mind to go with NVIDIA and bam they sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back