Just Purshased a P5W DH Deluxe... I have no clue which memory to get!

theDeviL

Limp Gawd
I have been out of the loop for a while and I've just purshased all the components for a new build but I am down to the memory and I don't know what my mobo will like best, I've always been a Corsair fan but prices are ridiculous right now...

here are some key components:

- P5W DH Deluxe
- E6600

what should I get if I plan to OC and tweak for performance, and what would my mobo like best.

I am looking to get 2 GB (2x1GB).

thank you for any help and suggestions!

I don't know what prices are like in your area, but in Canada OCZ Gold DDR2-6400 is at a pretty sweet price. Corsair is massively overpriced because of the stupid P965 incompatibility with many other types of RAM.

Since the OCZ has no compatibility issues with the P5WDH, why not get it?

When I bought it last week, the Corsair PC6400 set was $310CDN, compared to OCZ Gold with the exact same speed rating and timings for $195CDN after MIR ($225 before).

My stuff gets here either tomorrow or Wednesday, I can't wait.

Adrian

same mobo and cpu but i went with crucial ballistx. don;t know how it would act yet...may god help me...

ipam45 said:
same mobo and cpu but i went with crucial ballistx. don;t know how it would act yet...may god help me...

Lol... thank you all, for your suggestions, upon further inspection and bumping across a good deal, i decided to go with a pair of ballistix myself. I was gonna try g.skill but I came across mixed reviews.

I will post my results upon completing my machine.

God help us both!

PrkChpXprss said:
Get the G.Skill -- Those boards don't like OCZ from what I read in the mobo forums... :eek:

Have any links to support this? I've been reading a lot in the motherboard forums, here and Anandtech and I've never seen any issues with this board. The Asus P5B-Deluxe yes.

What issues specifically?

Back