K this is bugging me. fancy graphic pics on video cards

flynlr

2[H]4U
why does any MFR put pretty girls, anime pics cool logos ect on the heatsinks of graphics cards when the gdamm things cant be seen unless
1. the case has a window
2. said window is above eye level.

I mean jeez your card has this uberultrax7800x800proultimateeditionsuperlogo and its seen by no one.
</rant>

People see it when they buy it...
and last I checked, selling your card is a fairly high priority thing for videocard companies.

You know, those fancy smancy upside down cases. They make em easily seeable. And, you can just put a mirror on the bottom (Or some modified slot hanging mirror if you havea PCI card in the way)....

Nuzzles said:
You know, those fancy smancy upside down cases. They make em easily seeable. And, you can just put a mirror on the bottom (Or some modified slot hanging mirror if you havea PCI card in the way)....
ok that gives me a mod Idea. Put a webcam in the case pointing at said inverted video card. have the output of the webcam on my 2nd display hmmmmmmm.

edit: above is proof my mind is lost.

flynlr said:
ok that gives me a mod Idea. Put a webcam in the case pointing at said inverted video card. have the output of the webcam on my 2nd display hmmmmmmm.

edit: above is proof my mind is lost.

That'd just be a pain in the ass. If you had a window it'd already be easily seeable. If you haven't got a window, it's going to be alot darker on the inside, so I doubt you'd be seeing a good picture anyway.

| ------------------------------=
| /+++++++++++++/
| /;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; /
|/++++++++++++/

The top lines being the graphics card, and the thing below it an angled mirror, pointing the image out to the window. That's what I'm probably going to do....sometime. :eek:

Nuzzles said:
That'd just be a pain in the ass. If you had a window it'd already be easily seeable. If you haven't got a window, it's going to be alot darker on the inside, so I doubt you'd be seeing a good picture anyway.

Get a cam like the Philips PCV 740K then.
It can film in < 1 lux (the ligth from a single candle)...
Or go to 640x480@60FPS when proper ligthing is in place ;)

Terra - I pulled of the sticker of my card to get better heat dissapation ;)

I personaly dont have any prefrence when i buy a card, with the only exception of the eVGA KO edtion, it sure does look pretty but i cant justify the extra money for it when i just ended up buying BFG. Some buy for looks, and some just dont care.

The same can be said for the packaging of said videocards, or virtually any article sold in some kind of packaging.

I know I feel bad every time I throw away one of those pretty boxes :(

(the first one to laugh at me gets slapped in the face ^_- )

What a world this would be if everything was just plain and ugly to please you flynlr.

LiquidX said:
What a world this would be if everything was just plain and ugly to please you flynlr.

Exactly I mean who cares? Let them put some tities on the box why not :)

qbackin said:
Exactly I mean who cares? Let them put some tities on the box why not :)

I would care if I could get a plain brown box, no bundle just card, drivers and manual cheaper.
Every little bit "extra" costs, and I don't care for extras ;)

Terra - Besides I hate the game bundles...

I think it kinda sux that the cost of this junk is of course passed on to the consumer, someone has to pay for all that fancy shit.

Of course the first thing i did when i got my Evga 6800gt was rip off the stock heatsink, i think my DangerDen Block is much prettier then that watery tart anyways

:D

That setup is pretty fly dderidex. Also, I thought some companies offered "lite" versions of their cards that shipped without game bundles. The only one that comes to my mind at the moment is xfx.

Alowishus said:
That setup is pretty fly dderidex. Also, I thought some companies offered "lite" versions of their cards that shipped without game bundles. The only one that comes to my mind at the moment is xfx.
Looks better now, IMHO (that pic is *slightly* dated).

Have an Audigy 2zs Platinum in it, now (with the drive bay stuff), and with a "Designed for Windows XP" sticker under the X2 sticker, it looks MUCH better. Kinda miss not being able to see the whole video card...but it's still pretty cool.

Terra said:
I would care if I could get a plain brown box, no bundle just card, drivers and manual cheaper.
Every little bit "extra" costs, and I don't care for extras ;)

Terra - Besides I hate the game bundles...

I have never kept a stock HSF on a vid card. It just ends up being a waste. Just give me the card in a static bag. Thank you.

Becuase people dont think and love things like this. Compaines spend tons of money on these things they are called demogrphics.

flynlr said:
why does any MFR put pretty girls, anime pics cool logos ect on the heatsinks of graphics cards when the gdamm things cant be seen unless
1. the case has a window

I mean jeez your card has this uberultrax7800x800proultimateeditionsuperlogo and its seen by no one.
</rant>
That is why you buy a spare card.

I don't mind, When you buy it. It looks fancy... and you can show it off to your friends by pulling it out and showing them.

Useless... but cool non the less :)

flynlr said:
1. the case has a window
3. the windowed case is BTX, on the left and below eye level.

:p

is it just me or are most of the logos on graphics cards' heatsinks really really stupid and cheesy. i know i dont want a stinking mermaid printed on mine

Back