Keeping my USB hub on when PC is off?

KingPing

[H]ard|Gawd
Really could use some input on this.

I swear the little red light on my Belkin USB hub used to stay on when my pc was powered down. It is a self powered hub. For a while now the little red light has been off when it was powered down but I payed it no mind. Well now that my little girl has a new iPod I'm trying to charge it via USB with the computer off and its a no-go. So my question is.......

is windows telling the hub to power down??

if so is there a way to tell it not to??

I also have an "irocks" self powered hub that wont work when the pc is off either.

any input would be greatly appreciated........thanks in advance

KingPing

if your PC is off why does it matter if USB is off? Does yoru USB work with out a PC to interface with?

He wants to use USB to charge his iPod. He doesnt need data transfer, obviously, because the PC will be off. He just wants the power to charge his devices. However Ive never heard of this, but Id assume it would work in standby, if you told it to not power down the USB hub.

Fuse said:
He wants to use USB to charge his iPod. He doesnt need data transfer, obviously, because the PC will be off. He just wants the power to charge his devices. However Ive never heard of this, but Id assume it would work in standby, if you told it to not power down the USB hub.

I guess but ive never seen a mobo that allows you to control USB devices once your rig shuts down, including power. Thats just me though. maybe such things exist.

found a little info.......went to Device Manager-USB controllers-USB root hub-Power management tab-- and unchecked "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".........didnt seem to work.....there has to be a way to keep the hub powered after shutdown!!! :mad: :mad:

Back