Keyboard/Mouse Problems - Poltergeist effect?

|Leviathan|

Limp Gawd
Ok guys so I’ve been playing with my comp from the first day it was built and since that day no issues

*but* a problem occurred early this morning

I re-installed UT2k4 / fifa2005 / gta san andreas / doom3 / hl2 / splintercell

And ut2004/fifa2005/gtasa had the following problem
[please note that the other games worked just fine]

Fifa2005/gtasa - as soon as the I click on the game icon and the loading screen appears whatsoever, suddenly the mouse and keyboard become sort of possessed they run through menus haphazardly and I’m even forced to close the programs from the task manager

ut2k4 - this game differs slightly, through menus etc I can cycle normally with complete control over my mouse and keyboard, however when I start a game the characters starts running/changing weapons/firing/jumping anyway same issue as the two games mentioned before

Anyone knows the source of this problem? And the solution?

Ps: I re-installed the games and keyboard mouse drivers, and I closed all bkground service programs once to test if there were some clashed but the problem re-occurred

Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated I need I miss ut2k4 online :(

total shot in the dark here, could the batteries be low, have you tried plugging in a corded KB & Mouse, to see if the problem persists?

PescadoDiablo said:
total shot in the dark here, could the batteries be low, have you tried plugging in a corded KB & Mouse, to see if the problem persists?

batteries full both of them and tried with a corded set same problem :(

this is so frustrating

remove all the mouse and keyboard drivers and reboot. Let Windows assign generics. These USB ports? Going through a KVM maybe?

install new drivers for your mouse and keyboard, my logitech elite and logitech mx500 used to do that run all over the screen even opening programs. i thought it was a virus at first then installed the latest driver and it worked.

LogicSound said:
install new drivers for your mouse and keyboard, my logitech elite and logitech mx500 used to do that run all over the screen even opening programs. i thought it was a virus at first then installed the latest driver and it worked.

done but still the problem persists *help*

Have you checked for any updates to your chipset? Mabe your USB ports have gone wonky...

Its also possible that when the games kick in, the power draw from your vid card is flipping out the USB ports, could be one of your PSU rails aren't living up to the task. More information is needed.

Nasty_Savage said:
Have you checked for any updates to your chipset? Mabe your USB ports have gone wonky...

Its also possible that when the games kick in, the power draw from your vid card is flipping out the USB ports, could be one of your PSU rails aren't living up to the task. More information is needed.

well actually my keyboard / mouse transmitting base features two connection modes, it has the green ps2 connector and one usb connector and it includes the purple convertor from usb to ps2

so you can either connect both keyboard and mouse by usb [in case of a mobile comp]
or attach them normlaly via ps2 connector - and that is how i use them

so i htink its not the real problem, evenmore when conisdering that in other games they work perfectly

chipset is updated as rest of the rig updated with all newest updates etc

any other ideas? ? ?

btw for anyone who encounters the same problem

solution ot this problem is :

under device manager > human interfaces devices

there were 2 other 'devices' apart from the ones i had installed' these were :

HID compliant game controller
USB Human interface device

By disabling them all problems were solved

Back