Killer GTX280 benchies

Maybe I'm just jaded from laughing at 3dmark scores for years, I just scroll right past them. It means nothing.

Give me some game benchies

Maybe I'm just jaded from laughing at 3dmark scores for years, I just scroll right past them. It means nothing.

I agree with you on that one. Especially earlier 3dmark versions are incredibly inconsistent.

wow, that's insane. i sure wish I had $1,800 on videocards alone.

Utterly and completely useless. And I am not even concerned as I've already plunked down $1300 for 2 XFX GTX 280's witch I hope to have in about 36 hours.;)

wow, that's insane. i sure wish I had $1,800 on videocards alone.
i think he's sponsored by EVGA. he had the rig that graced EVGA's intro site a few months back with the new highest 3dmark06 scores or overclock or something and EVGA issued a press release saying he did it with their new motherboard and GFX cards. think it was the 780i

i also wish i understood Vantage scores, even if i dont take them too seriously.

I too kept scrolling past the 3DMark screenshots and was disappointed to find the end of the post.

Fortunately, the NDA ends in less than six hours, at which point there should be a flood of more exciting game performance data.

i also wish i understood Vantage scores, even if i dont take them too seriously.

You got that right!:) Since Vantage is a pay for no play deal now (its not a game or a game engine) I SHOULD BE COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY IGNORED WITH NO REGARD TO ITS EXISTENCE IN ANY AND ALL PROFESSIONAL BENCHMARKS WITHOUT EXCEPTION!!!!!

Vantage has no meaning in any meaningful way in benchmarks of new GPU's. It's a great tool to test and to validate a system. IT HAS NO MEANING AT ALL IN DETERMINING RELATIVE PERFORMANCE OF GPUS NO IFS NOT ANDS AND NOT BUTS AND NO EXCEPTIONS PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps but its time to move on from this benchmark as a performance measurement tool. I hate it beyond reason for that purpose. Anyone who buys a GTX 280/260 will tell you the same as looking from the leaked scores it sucks in 3DMark. Then look at game benchies. See the correlation? No.

Lets just say,,,,17k on the extreme preset is INSANELY HIGH. If you want comparisions, you can look at the ORB at the futuremark website.

Lets just say,,,,17k on the extreme preset is INSANELY HIGH. If you want comparisions, you can look at the ORB at the futuremark website.

I agree and so HOW THE HELL DOES THAT TRANSLATE INTO A REAL WORLD GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost like there is a big conspiracy to toy with us all. (Almost?) all of the benchmarks released or leaked so far have had one or more fatal flaws...

It's almost like there is a big conspiracy to toy with us all. (Almost?) all of the benchmarks released or leaked so far have had one or more fatal flaws...

Totally agree. nVidia is NOT going to release a $650 GPU this will that will be outclassed by two $200 GPU next week. That's just retarded in a my momma smoked crack retarded way. That's one on those situations where it would be better to do nothing.

so so you figure this card is worth $150 more than a gx2 or about the same as 3x 9800gtx? (saw 9800gtx for around $225 after rebate the other day) hey, the guy above updated his sig already.

790isli-triple-tek9-40.jpg

whoa never seen these coolers anywhere.

Either LN2 or heatpipe work, as I understand it. Pssh. Sooner or later kinc (the l33test man on the planet) will get his hands on three of those...

they are his own LN2 pots, the CPU pot is his F1 Dragon, very nice hunk of copper lol. Kingpin is insane at hitting these oc's...
How long does LN2 last in those coolers anyway? It doesn't look like they can contain much quantity.

Forget the LN coolers, I gotta get me some screws like those! I could tighten my HSF from my chair.

Liquid Hydrogen is extremely volatile and deadly. I don't think it's possible to use liquid hydrogen on heat sinks due to their unstable nature. Heck their liquification point is -256F :/

Liquid Hydrogen is extremely volatile and deadly. I don't think it's possible to use liquid hydrogen on heat sinks due to their unstable nature. Heck their liquification point is -256F :/

Yes, but if you can contain it :D

EXTREEEMEEE COOOLING!!! :p

Has anyone tried Liquid Hydrogen? Since its cooler than Liquid Nitrogen?

Umm.... Liquid Hydrogen has a tendency to go boom when it actually gets hot. Seeing how many hot voltage regulators there are on that thing, I think it would be a very very bad idea.

That being said, yeah if you could get it to work without killing your self, you could probably get the clocks a bit higher.

That being said, yeah if you could get it to work without killing your self, you could probably get the clocks a bit higher.
LOL. That's the definition of uber-geek right there. Risking your life for 10fps gain.

Back