Kind of silly, but is there a way to backup Windows Games scores, like Mahjong, etc.?

CLock3

Gawd
So I'm currently working on a computer for an elderly couple. They've been having a bunch of issues, and basically the best option at this point is the wipe it clean and reinstall Windows to start it over from scratch. The only issue is they really want to have their scores kept in the Windows Games. For example, they play Mahjong, Hearts, all those games that come with Windows.

Is there any way to do this? OS is Windows 7. I copied the 'Microsoft Games' folder from Program Files, and tried it on a different machine, but the scores weren't showing. I noticed that if I run it from the flash drive on their computer, though, that the scores show and saved games are there. This wasn't the case when running it on a different computer, though.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it!

If I had to venture a guess, I would think it'd be in the user profile somewhere... most likely C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Aha! Was actually even a little more straightforward than that. Should've looked in there before. I found a "Saved Games" folder containing the files right in C:\Users\<username>\.

Thanks, Eulogy!

Back