Kingston DDR2 1GB PC2-5300 667MHz 200-Pin SO-DIMM for Notebook for $49.99 Shipped fro

d94

Gawd
Frys.com has a sale on Kingston DDR2 1GB PC2-5300 667MHz 200-Pin SO-DIMM for Notebook (Model KVR667D2SO/1GR) for $49.99 with free shipping. Buy 2 for 2GB for Under $100.

Product Link

Kingston is an all around pretty good RAM so this would be pretty good IMO.

In for one. Thanks OP. Been looking for a 1GB for my MBP. :)

I hope it's compatible.

i just got 2 gigs of ddr2 for my lappy off newegg for 103 bucks shipped... it was an off brand though(A-data) i think. works great and memtest found nothing on 'em

aparrently 19.99 after rebate however linked rebate only says 10 bucks. get your price adjustments!

Is this compatible with Dell E1705? If it is, then would it's installation void the warranty?

Wish my D600 supported it, heh. DDR1 for me.

@Above poster, Kingston is a very reliable brand, I'd be surprised if your Dell was picky and refused to accept them. I think the 1705 is a recent model and will not whine about 2GB of RAM. And changing RAM will not void your warrany AFAIK, though if you ever have to RMA, I'd put back in the original sticks because after-market parts have a bad habit of not coming back. I mean, the panel is user-accessible, no sealed sticker, Dell provides a manual, so I'm guessing here that it doesn't really void anything.

Though, @ MacBook poster above, I heard MBPs are super-duper picky about the type of RAM they will accept, CAS/timing wise. Something about completely hating certain brands or something, dunno.

any ideas if it will come back? I just missed it too. i had to wait till i got paid today :( :'(

Yes they work in the e1705. Yesterday they came out with a $10 rebate that started on the 10th. I apparently ordered on the 9th. I heard the rebate was only for one though.

It was listed when he said that. They has a $30 MIR listed, brining it down to $19.99, but the PDF for the rebate only said a $10 MIR

Yea I was hoping he'd elaborate some more... like post a link to the PDF. :p

EDIT: damn! I just found the PDF and I missed it by ONE DAY. Valid 4/10-4/17. I ordered 4/9. T_T (And I just noticed redboy01's reply. Works like a charm in my MBP!

Okay this is queer. Mine says status is "partially backordered". Does this mean I have dibs on the last stick on the shelf? Or is that their normal message?

Back