Kingwin Absolute 550, Crossfire to much for it?

96redformula

2[H]4U
I love this PSU, fan still does not kick on at full load with 2 7950's at full load mining(I don't think its getting warm enough), but I am a bit concerned. [H] Did a review on the modular 550w version at 650watt even though it is "rated" at 550W and it didn't seem to phase it much at all. My Kill-a-watt meter is showing 570Watts being pulled from the wall while it is mining. It seems like they marketing it at 550w to meet the platinum more so than do a higher wattage lower efficiency...

I didn't have intentions of going crossfire or two cards and it was the only PSU I could find that was platinum and ran fanless. I did remove the case panels on the SG09 for now and set it on its side to let it vent completely. Should I underclocking CPU to try and lower the wattage pull or do you feel I am okay(It will be on full load mining)?

Intel i5 3770k
4GB Ram
Corsair SSD
Samsung 1TB HD
(2) AMD HD7950, powerboosted

570 from the wall is only a touch over 500 internally. Under gaming, where the CPU will be loaded aswell, you might spike over 550 occasionally, but it's a very solid psu. I'd bet you'll have no issues.

625w should be the most you see on that KAW. That being said, KAWs are usually not very accurate. So YMMV.

Back