Kitchen Computer, Celeron 867 vs. E2-1800

MrSmegzabush

Limp Gawd
I need a SFF PC to go in the Kitchen, I was contemplating an Andoid stick but I think I would rather have a full windows desktop there. I just need a machine to Double Stick tape to the back of an extra 1080p monitor I have.

I was just wondering which one of these:

ZBox AMD

OR

ZBox Intel

Would be the "snappiest" for regular desktop usage, I know the AMD has a better GPU, but the only taxing task I would as of it is 720p Video decoding from Youtube or an MKV over the network.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm stil using the E-350 HP netbook and it works like a champ even under Linux. Your AMD system would not choke on 1080p.

I'm stil using the E-350 HP netbook and it works like a champ even under Linux. Your AMD system would not choke on 1080p.

I have the same netbook, it has Windows 8, 3gb ddr3 and still seems to dramatically slow down under a couple tabs.

Celeron will feel snappier. With a SSD and enough memory, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from a full desktop for what you're using it for. I've used my Celeron 877 netbook as a desktop replacement when I was building a new computer and it worked fine.

The version with the 7200 rpm harddrive ?

Using an older 60GB M4 SSD in it. I keep several tabs open w/ GDocs most of the time writing and doing presentations. The poor lil E350 chokes after a few tabs.

EDIT: I digress, I will not be doing this kind of stuff on my Kitchen PC, but I was just wondering if the Celeron would feel snappier using HTML5 apps and such in windows.

Last edited:
It's likely choking because you're visiting javascript heavy websites. I've noticed this issue with Firefox now taking an entire cpu core utilization to 100% when I have a small handful of tabs open. Makes webbrowsing very slow as Firefox isn't too multithreaded and this is on a significantly more powerful machine. god I hate javascript.

Back