Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers $87.99 on May 14 or $99.99 May 14-19

nonlnear

2[H]4U
Fatwallet rumor mill is saying that Bestbuy will have Klipsch Promedia speakers for $99.99 May 13-19.

To drop the price to $87.99 on Sunday May 13, use the Best Buy 12% coupon here and your Reward Zone card.
If you don't have a Reward Zone card, use the 10% coupon (on the same webpage) and get the speakers for $89.99.

god damnit. i just bought a pair at SRP there.

does best buy price match their own deals post-purchase?

Yes, for the same period as your return period
i.e. 14 days on things that have a 14 day return period or 30 in your case. Just bring the ad and a receipt.

Just an FYI about that coupon. You cannot get the 12% off of sale items. It explicitly says that markdowns are taken off of regular prices, not sale prices.

Just an FYI about that coupon. You cannot get the 12% off of sale items. It explicitly says that markdowns are taken off of regular prices, not sale prices.

I've used that same type of coupon on numerous occassions purchasing sale items that made the deals just that much sweeter. A couple of times it took a manager to override, which the managers often just want to sell as much volume as possible and could care less about the stipulations. But still YMMV. Good luck

Thanks OP!

I've used that same type of coupon on numerous occassions purchasing sale items that made the deals just that much sweeter. A couple of times it took a manager to override, which the managers often just want to sell as much volume as possible and could care less about the stipulations. But still YMMV. Good luck

Thanks OP!
Agreed, it does depend on your best buy. I know the one I work at here in MI is a huge stickler for following the rules on those coupons. It's usually easier to tell a customer the rules than try and get a manager to override it, which they won't %90 percent of the time.

Unless you are also buying alike a plasma screen or something...

It's also mainly because it seems like all the middle eastern people in the area email it to each other and come in as giant groups, all wielding the same coupons, looking for the same shitty clearance acer Celeron laptop (which is not just a product that is not applicable, but also on sale).

Note I am not being ethnicist here, it's the truth...

Either way, i think I will be picking these up tomorrow. My Creative Labs 4.1 system just isn't cutting it anymore.

Got mine this morning for $122 OTD with a $12 service plan..time to replace my FPS2000 4.1 :D

i also got a set today. i didn't have any problem using the 12% coupon. great buy

Umm, today is May 14 but the coupon is only good through May 13. What am I missing? Oh I guess it must be a typo - prolly should say "on May 13"

If this is the venerable ProMedia 2.1 THX set...damn, that's a monster deal for some kickass speakers. Hell, I'm still in love with mine--bought over two years ago for close to $200!

These already have an integrated receiver/satellites accept line-level inputs only, right?

I was thinking about it, but I already have a Pioneer 816K and some modified (replaced crossovers/reinforced MDF) uber Insignias (NS-B1212's I think?) with a Klipsch SUB-10. Dunno how well the sats would work, I guess I could always hook 'em to the pre-outs on my receiver.

Bought them today. Got them home and the s-video looking connector had no pins in it, just looked like glue. DOA. Last one at my BBY too. :-(

I can't make comparisons to other speaker sets personally, but I have the Klipsch 2.1 ProMedias and they are absolutely fantastic. I paid $130 for them more than a year ago and I would gladly pay that much for them today, so sub-$100 is a very hot deal indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I grabbed a pair too (along with Puzzle Quest NDS, hah), came out to $140 total for the pair. I poked around with the demo pair that was on display, and accidentally convinced somebody else to pick up a pair too in the process. :D

Probably replacing some $30 Logitech X-230's.

Just picked up a pair at my local BB, they had a billion of them on the shelves. The one on the floor looked open so I had someone grab one from the top :D

Replacing my Altec Lansing VS4221's.

Well I just checked them out at my local BB. I wasn't that impressed, they certainly sounded good but nothing spectacular. Perhaps the display model had just been abused too much. Still for $100 i think is is worth getting if you need some PC speakers.

Well I just checked them out at my local BB. I wasn't that impressed, they certainly sounded good but nothing spectacular. Perhaps the display model had just been abused too much. Still for $100 i think is is worth getting if you need some PC speakers.
The problem is not the display speakers, but the display itself. At the bby i work at, we have to replace parts in the display every few months, mainly because they are crappy parts. They are very good speakers though.

The only true way to judge these is get 'em home and set 'em up properly: these are monster speakers, they always have been since they were introduced a few years ago as a sibling to the original wallbangers from Klipsch that had 4 satellites. Man those were the days, and they were worth $400 just to see 'em chip paint off the walls with those crystal clear highs.

For a good 2 year period, the original Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speakers were the speakers to own. Then Logitech had someone light a fire under their collective asses and started making some cheaper and nearly as good sounding speakers to give Klipsch some competition.

I just had a neighbor offer me his 2.1 ProMedias for $40 earlier today, before I saw this ad. Think I'll grab his and save $60. :)

Got mine this morning for $122 OTD with a $12 service plan..time to replace my FPS2000 4.1 :D

Oh man those were quite the speakers in the day. I remember buying the set at the Cambridge Soundworks place in the mall back in 2001. Those coupled with the SBLive X-Gamer (original) made it sweet! NFSIII was just pure awesomeness. I must admit those tripod stands were complete crap though! Good times.

The pair that I bought last year are starting to get twangy and just don't sound right anymore.. I am very sad because I loved them when they worked properly.

Back