Klipsch promedia 5.1 problem

k1pp3r

[H]F Junkie
They won't even turn on. I get to my computer this morning and they are turned off, so i'm guessing we had a power blip last night.

Does anyone know if there is an internal fuse inside the unit, or should i just send them in?

My 2.1's have a fuse on the back. You don't have to take anything apart to get to the fuse, it should be on the back of the sub and you just unscrew it.

strange, my 5.1's have no fuse anywhere i can see, kinda odd don't you think.

You'll end up having to send them back to Klipsch. It's pretty common for the 5.1's to go. Sorry :(

I know about the sub problems and amp problems, but never had them not power up at all.

I actually had my 5.1 Ultras opened up recently in order to send my amp in for repairs (yeah, mine died :(). Yes, there is a fuse on the amp. Undo the 12 screws around the edge on the back of the sub and the amp should slide right out. The fuse (IIRC) is on the right side near the power connector.

Hope that helps.

k1pp3r said:
strange, my 5.1's have no fuse anywhere i can see, kinda odd don't you think.

I just checked my 2.1's and the fuse is accessible without taking the sub apart. I guess they changed the design at some point.

Gatticus said:
I just checked my 2.1's and the fuse is accessible without taking the sub apart. I guess they changed the design at some point.

Looks like RyanVM is right, its located on a board inside the enclosure. There must have been a seal cause the amp was hard to get out.

Now the bad news is that no store is open on Christmas, so i'm still SOL.

Yeah, the fuse is burnt to a crisp.

Anyone know where to get a GMA 5a125v slow blow fuse, radio shack does not carry them.

Na, talked to a klipsch person on their forum, gave me the stock number of a fuse at radioshack its #270-1067 if anyone is interested.

Side story, i went to go get it, ended up locking myself out of my house and car, so not only did i not get the fuse, i had to pay 130 bucks to get in my damn house.

Maybe i should get rid of the speakers, lol

Back