Koolance EXOS-AL to cool my new system, tough enough?

cheezies

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to buy a Koolance EXOS-AL to cool my next system as follows ...

DFI nForce4 (cooling the northbridge as well)
Geforce 6600GT x 2 in SLI mode
1 WD Raptor 74 GB (water cooled as well)
AMD 64 3000+

I'm sure it would do the job, but for those more experienced with the EXOS (even though I've owned one before) would the unit be runnning at high fan speed all the time?

I'm wondering if a setup like that would be able to push maybe 240 FSB.

I have had the new model Koolance Exos for about 3 months now. Dont waste your money on the hard drive cooler. Get a better one that actually encases the drive which will actually keep noise down tremendously. I spoke to koolance and their distributor and both had opinions that the hdd cooler doesnt do squat. Its like smooshing poop on the bottom of your drive and slapping a steel plate on it then hitting the plate with water. I seriously doubt it would do anything other than extend your loop more than neccessary and would be counterproductive.

If you are going to do any heavy o/cing dont do koolance. Or add a cooling system inside your case to run a seperate loop for you graphic cards then mount the koolance to your cpu and n/b (or vice versa). It will make a big difference.

cheezies said:
I'm looking to buy a Koolance EXOS-AL to cool my next system as follows ...

DFI nForce4 (cooling the northbridge as well)
Geforce 6600GT x 2 in SLI mode
1 WD Raptor 74 GB (water cooled as well)
AMD 64 3000+

I'm sure it would do the job, but for those more experienced with the EXOS (even though I've owned one before) would the unit be runnning at high fan speed all the time?

I'm wondering if a setup like that would be able to push maybe 240 FSB.

I would not suggest cooling all that with an EXOS. They are good units for what they are but they are not meant to take that load. Two vid cards, a CPU and the northbridge is a bit much. I would highly suggest a custom setup that would have a better chance of cooling that.

I don't have the board yet, but I do have my brother-in-law who works in the silicon valley of China. They get parts there real quick.

Back