Koolance LIQ-702CL-05L Clear Coolant 5 Liters for $74.95

kamikazi

[H]ard|Gawd
Koolance LIQ-702CL-05L Clear Coolant 5 Liters for $74.95 direct from koolance.com. This is regularly $108.99.

https://koolance.com/liq-702-liquid-coolant-high-performance-5000ml-clear

This is the only coolant I've used and I've been very pleased with it in a couple of different setups. My current system has been running with this since September or October 2022 and I haven't done any maintenance at all. This is a great deal if you have a giant radiator or multiple 360s.

What I've always wondered is what about automotive coolants and additives like redline water wetter?

What I've always wondered is what about automotive coolants and additives like redline water wetter?
redline was a go to for a while and i still only use a distilled water/af mix in my loops (10/90%), just like in aios.

this deal is pretty good, if your into "proper" cooling fluids.

I thought Koolance went belly up???
I used to have their passive liquid cooler way back in the day big anodized blue thing, it was awesome.

I used to have their passive liquid cooler way back in the day big anodized blue thing, it was awesome.
I hope not. They make great QD connectors, too. I need to order two more to make my cooling set up completely modular.

I believe your thinking of the Zalman reserator. They're still around, although on a much smaller scale.

Koolance is still plugging along. Consumer gear has never really been their money maker. They've always favored the commercial/industrial stuff.

I believe your thinking of the Zalman reserator. They're still around, although on a much smaller scale.

Koolance is still plugging along. Consumer gear has never really been their money maker. They've always favored the commercial/industrial stuff.
That’s what I was thinking of yeah.

Using QDC's from Koolance in my Mora setup. Love it, good quality, no leaks. Have always been curious in their coolant, but distilled water + Mayhem inhibitor/hades has been doing very well for me. Tempted though...very tempted.

Using QDC's from Koolance in my Mora setup. Love it, good quality, no leaks. Have always been curious in their coolant, but distilled water + Mayhem inhibitor/hades has been doing very well for me. Tempted though...very tempted.
I just back ordered some more QD3s. The ones with G1/4 fittings aren't due until May 13th.

I've used this fluid over a decade in an Exos 2.5 unit. I also was given one of Kyle's which is even older. I've had both and run both for many years. In fact, both are still in use today. I've used this fluid in them and I've never had problems with it.

I still exclusively use Koolance fluids although I now use other brand blocks and radiators. I was All Koolance, All The Time for a good long while.

My old Koolance CPU-380 blocks have been retrofitted to work on AMD AM4 boards and are still going strong in systems to this day (get the AM4 bracket for the CPU-390 block, drill it through and countersink the holes... voila! I put the details and pictures in a post on this board when I set up my release week Ryzen 1700 and Asus B350-Plus).

I use this stuff. My 2080ti water block corrodes and I replace some distilled water with this stuff to neutralize the pH so the green corrosion stops building up. I use EK Cyrofuel which prevents my QD's from seizing, but then a second problem came from the EK 2080ti water block so the Koolance PG fluid helped with that. My Koolance liquid is probably expired (from 2017) but I still use it.
1714072942184.png

1714073142300.png

I have also used this stuff exclusively for ~15 years with excellent results. Even better that it is the clear variety as I have had issues with the dye they use in the colored versions discoloring some parts. It was about time to flush the loops in both of our PCs so great timing. In for one, thank you!

I have also used this stuff exclusively for ~15 years with excellent results. Even better that it is the clear variety as I have had issues with the dye they use in the colored versions discoloring some parts. It was about time to flush the loops in both of our PCs so great timing. In for one, thank you!
Just about everything will discolor PVC and PETG type tubing given enough time. That's not an issue specific to this fluid.

Isn't this stuff is also non conductive or less conductive than distilled water?

Isn't this stuff is also non conductive or less conductive than distilled water?

There is a non-conductive variety of clear Koolance fluid, but this is not it. The non-conductive coolant is less thermally capable and loses its non-conductivity over time due to picking up impurities from the loop as well.

But is Koolance PG less conductive than distilled water like, overall? Assuming the loop is 1 day old so not many impurities are in the water...

But is Koolance PG less conductive than distilled water like, overall? Assuming the loop is 1 day old so not many impurities are in the water...
This is something I've been curious about as well. I know distilled water is damn good in terms of thermal capacity and transfer...But what about the Koolance liquid? Personally running distilled water + mayhem biocide/inhibitor that I have to top off every few months with some drops. But if the Koolance has the same thermal capabilities and not require any maintenance....I might give it a go for my upcoming build.

I really can't answer to this - conductive is conductive. I have no way of determining the "degree of conductivity" of the regular Koolance fluids; if you spill it on your components, it can destroy them.

Back